cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Blank login screen with newly-installed Dropbox on Windows 10

Blank login screen with newly-installed Dropbox on Windows 10

ddefailly
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi 

After installing Dropbox (Dropbox 58.4.92 Offline Installer) and launching it I am stuck with a blank 'Set Up Dropbox' screen, unable to provide credentials. Main screen says 'Waiting to be linked to Dropbox account'. This is a new Dropbox install on a new Windows 10 laptop.

After skimming through forums and this ressource I have made sure of the following : No proxies installed, Defender firewall turned off, no virus scan or anti virus active, Malwarebytes turned off, ISP router firewall turned off.

I am at a loss hoping someone can help me.

Thanks a million!

16 Replies 16

jbassett
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello Jane

Here is a screenshot of what the DropBox sign-in screen looks like.  the content is actually there, it is just not visible.  I was able to sign in by guessing my way around the screen.

Regards

Jason

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey Jason (@jbassett), Iā€˜m afraid that the screenshot didnā€™t reach my end this time, though Iā€™m happy to hear that you managed to sign in to your account using a workaround. 

(Just as a point of reference, in case youā€™re experiencing an issue uploading images on our Forum, kindly note that you could upload your screengrab on your account & share a link to us, so as to get a better understanding of whatā€™s happening.)

Please donā€™t hesitate to get back in touch again on our Community in case you have more thoughts or questions in the future. Take care until we talk again!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

jbassett
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello Jane

Hopefully screenshot available here:

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks a lot for your swift reply with the screenshot Jason (@jbassett) & please accept my apologies for the tardy reply here, the screensgrab was really helpful! 

As the content missing from the setup window is fetched from an online source, when it fails to display, it generally means that the connection to our server is being blocked or interrupted.

I would recommend ensuring there is no security software that could be blocking the connections and that you have whitelisted all of the Dropbox domains within any security software or hardware. This may also include any security software built into your router. 

Please ensure this set of steps were followed for the configuration of your firewall & the domains listed here have been allowed. 

Following, please bear in mind that users who experience a blank setup box, where the entire center of the box is black, are usually either on a remote session or on a virtual machine. While the above is an important first step, the issue you are experiencing could also be related to an issue with your graphics card or settings. 

The following steps may help resolve the issue:

• Ensure the host attempting to view Dropbox is configured for 32 bit colour
  • Try logging in on the actual machine rather than through a remote session 
Hopefully this info will make matters a bit more clear to you, though Iā€™m always here if youā€™d like me to explain any of the above in a bit more depth. Thanks again for your ongoing cooperation & enjoy the rest of your day!

Jane
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

junryantecristo
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Capture.PNG

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there (@junryantecristo), Iā€™ve moved your post here, in order to point you towards my suggestions above. Please have a look at your convenience & let me know how my advice works for you whenever you get a chance. Thanks for getting in touch on the Community & Iā€™ll be awaiting your next reply on this discussion!

Jane
dropbox.com/support

marylynjimenezp
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hey everyone. Click on the link below that will take you to a youtube video explaining how to quickly solve the problem. The way that guy does it seems that it would not work but it works for both conflicts if the box to start session is white or black.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=10&v=qK_KCxJaTpk

This is how I resolved the issue of Dropbox Login Blank Screen. More here: https://techempty.org/?p=510 - Follow these steps exactly as showing in this tutorial to know how you can solve the #Dropbox Black Login screen problem. With this tip you can able to sync the files on the Windows computer ...
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

marylynjimenezp New member | Level 2
    Jane Dropbox Staff
    junryantecristo New member | Level 2
    jbassett New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?