cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buffalo Terastation 3410D and Folders

Buffalo Terastation 3410D and Folders

cg13
New member | Level 2

Hi Community,

Recently we acquire a Buffalo Terastation 3410D to save all data from a Windows 2008 R2 Server to it.  We had a personal DropBox account and we upgraded to a Bussiness Account.  So there was a folder already created with some content.  Now, in order to upload all files and sync between the TS3410D and DropBox we created some folders outside the folder already present (it is share with some collagues).  The problem is that the TS3410D cant see those folders created on DropBox out to upload the data to it.  It sees the folder that was already there, but the 3 new folders out side of the present folder are not visible.  Please help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Buffalo Terastation 3410D and Folders

CG13_Owner
New member | Level 2

Hello Walter,

So sorry for the delay of 4 months!!  After so many issues, i decided to close the DropBox account and create a new one not attached to the previous one (that i had forgot to mentioned).  Now, the whole problem here was the structure of DropBox, root folder is named with the account holders name, when it should of be the account company name.  That little detail was creating the problem and thats why TS3410DS was not able to see the folders (new one's) to initiallise the syncing.  Thanks so much for the reply!!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Walter
Dropboxer

Hello and welcome to our Community @cg13!

At first, could you let me know if the folders you mention are within your Dropbox Folder? 

In addition, based on your description it appears that the setup you are using has the Dropbox folder on a NAS or network storage device.

Dropbox could be presenting this behavior because network file systems do not send messages when files change. When Dropbox first starts it will do a deep file scan and will detect changes and sync them. However, during normal operation, Dropbox waits for "file update events" and only physically connected drives send these events.

The best fix to this problem is simply to move the Dropbox folder to your computer's internal drive. You can use the steps in the following Help Center article:

https://www.dropbox.com/help/desktop-web/move-dropbox-folder

NOTE: The location you select is the folder where the Dropbox folder will be moved to, rather than the folder your Dropbox files will be stored in.

I strongly recommend choosing a location on the same hard drive as your operating system as Dropbox won't work correctly should the Dropbox folder ever become inaccessible.

Let me know how it goes!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

CG13_Owner
New member | Level 2

Hello Walter,

So sorry for the delay of 4 months!!  After so many issues, i decided to close the DropBox account and create a new one not attached to the previous one (that i had forgot to mentioned).  Now, the whole problem here was the structure of DropBox, root folder is named with the account holders name, when it should of be the account company name.  That little detail was creating the problem and thats why TS3410DS was not able to see the folders (new one's) to initiallise the syncing.  Thanks so much for the reply!!

View solution in original post

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @CG13_Owner; long time no see, huh?

I'm glad you managed to tackle this little hiccup and thanks for keeping me in the loop. 

If you ever come up with a Dropbox question, don't hesitate to give me a nudge; I'll be only a post away :wink:

Until then, take care! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?