cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buffalo Terastation 6400 Dropbox connection failed

Buffalo Terastation 6400 Dropbox connection failed

maplehill
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, I have my Buffalo Terastation 6400 NAS setup for Cloud storage and would like to have it sync with my Dropbox account. After copying and pasting the B-sync authentication code, I received the following error.  Any ideas? I don't use any proxy server/settings, and the NAS is connected to my router.  I tried turned on the Mircosoft OneDrive sync, it works properly.  Please help how to resolve this problem?

Thanks!

DROPBOX-LINK.JPGFAILED.JPG

5 Replies 5

Re: Buffalo Terastation 6400 Dropbox connection failed

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hi there @maplehill, thanks for checking in with us. 

Generally, the desktop app will do a deep file scan to detect changes and sync them the first time it starts.

However, during normal operation, Dropbox waits for "file update events" and only physically connected drives send these events.

For this reason, Dropbox could be presenting this behavior because network file systems don't send messages when files change.

Just for troubleshooting purposes, does this happen when you place the Dropbox folder on an internal location on your computer?

Also, could you have a look at how many devices you have connected to your account and the sort of subscription you are on?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

maplehill
Explorer | Level 3

Hi @Lusil, thanks for your reply.  I tried placing a folder inside my internal computer and didn't receive any error.  I followed the same steps described on Buffalo's knowledge base site https://www.buffalotech.com/knowledge-base/configuring-dropbox-sync-on-a-buffalo-terastation-5000#:~....  The connection with Dropbox seems straightforward, but when I tried on my end, the error occurred on Step 9.  I'm unable to go down to Step 10. 

I also tried different dropbox accounts, my personal one, my friend's personal plus, and a business Trial account. All received the same error after pasting the Dropbox authentication code (Step 9).  Any further insights? 

Lusil
Dropboxer

Could it be that your NAS drive is formatted in such a way that doesn't completely work with the desktop app?

You can also check to see if it meets our minimum requirements.

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

maplehill
Explorer | Level 3

The buffalo NAS I installed supports Windows 10. I'm able to browse my NAS folder via my windows explorer and copy files directly from NAS folder to Dropbox folder.  See below screenshots. 

The issue I encountered is the connection via NAS management panel to turn on the Cloud Storage, synching NAS to my Dropbox. After pasting Dropbox authentication code, I keep receiving 'Could not register the authentication code. Verify that the network or proxy server settings are correct.'

COPYFROMNASTODROPBOX.JPG

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @maplehill, as this error message is related to your NAS device, and not Dropbox, you'd need to contact them directly for further assistance.

As Dropbox doesn't officially support NAS devices, we wouldn't be able to provide any further troubleshooting on this matter.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropboxer
    maplehill Explorer | Level 3
    Lusil Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?