cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Get summer ready with Dropbox basic - travel documents, plans, progress reminders and more, right over here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug : Show Desktop Notification Window

Bug : Show Desktop Notification Window

J M.5
New member | Level 1

Hi,

This window is impossible to hide on my Windows 8.1 machine, unless Show Desktop Notifications is turned off.

While I'm fine with having it turned off for now, I'd very much like to be able to have this feature turned on in the future.

7 Replies 7

Re: Bug : Show Desktop Notification Window

Heather D.3
New member | Level 1

I am also having this issue...

Rich
Super User II

Copied from here (which I just closed): https://www.dropboxforum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/208804683-Dropbox-desktop-app-windows-10-scree...

Heather D.

I just recently got a new computer and just downloaded the dropbox desktop app. I've always used it and have never had an issue before. Now when I click on the icon in my tray, a box appears that shows the files syncing, and there a couple of optinos listed "show me how to: get to my files from anywhere, share a file of any size, edit files together easily" -- there is NO opportunity for me to minimize this box. I cant get it go away.. even if im doing something else on my computer, it's still there. It's so frustrating. Is this a glitch or am I missng something?

Dominic L.1
New member | Level 1

Same issue here with a new install of Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit.  I've tried to uninstall and reinstall Dropbox but it still won't go away.  The only way I've found to get rid of it is to exit Dropbox completely and then start it up again.  

Picture attached for English users.

Dominic L.1
New member | Level 1

Ok, I was tinkering with it some more and seemed to have fixed the problem.  Go to "Preferences", "General", and uncheck "Show desktop notifications".  Hit apply and close Dropbox.  When you restart Dropbox, it will function normally.  You can re-enable "Show desktop notifications" and it will work without the persistent window.  Good luck!

J M.5
New member | Level 1

After a reboot this behavior reappears, what Dominic L. describes does however work until a reboot is performed.

Additional info; seemingly randomly, a "close this window X" appears to the right of the Cog, I have been unable to reproduce this on purpose.

J M.5
New member | Level 1

Is fixing this something you've got on your toDo list?

J M.5
New member | Level 1

This issue won't go away on my Windows 8.1 machine.

On my Windows 10 machine this isn't an issue but I'd like to be able to have constant backup whichever machine I'm on.

Poll
Which Dropbox Plan do you have?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

J M.5 New member | Level 1
    Dominic L.1 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?