cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANT DOWNLOAD FOLDERS OR FILES IN FIREFOX 35.0

CANT DOWNLOAD FOLDERS OR FILES IN FIREFOX 35.0

DECLAN F.1
New member | Level 1

I AM USING Firefox 35.0 on mac osx and it wont give me the option to download a folder or Album of photos - very annoying. I can do it on Safari so its obviously a browser issue?

6 Replies 6

Re: CANT DOWNLOAD FOLDERS OR FILES IN FIREFOX 35.0

Laureline
Community Manager

Hi there,

Thanks a lot for informing us about this. We've noticed a couple of reports about problems on  www.dropbox.com in older versions of Safari. Our engineering team is currently looking into this.

In the meantime, you should be able to use the Dropbox website on any other browser.

Thanks a lot for your patience and have a nice week!

Mar L.
New member | Level 1

Hi,

I also can't download my folder but I use chrome, when I press download page just refreshes and nothing happens

Laureline
Community Manager

Hey Mar 🙂

I would recommend to try in an incognito window. It's possible that a third party app interferes with the download.

If it doesn't work, could you write in to the support here, please?

(And of course let us know here!)

Thanks 🙂

Elaine O.1
New member | Level 1

Hello, I have the same problem and suspect I need to upgrade the firefox version too??

I have been using Safari forever to implement the downloads and yet that has ALSO stopped working this week, where I can't even see my photo folders (whereas Firefox allows viewing, no downloads).

Ideas welcome.

Elaine O.1
New member | Level 1

This is Firefox 42.0 and Safari 5.1.10, if helpful.

Rich
Super User II

Older versions of Safari will not work. They don't display the Dropbox website properly. Firefox should be fine. I'm running Firefox 42 without a problem (though I'm on Windows, not a Mac).

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Elaine O.1 New member | Level 1
    Laureline Community Manager
    Mar L. New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?