cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMD.EXE screen

CMD.EXE screen

MrHonda1948
Explorer | Level 3

I posted this earlier inside of another posting because I didn't know how to do a direct post myself.... 

ANYWAY...    I thought it was something to do with the last Windows 10 updates from the other day, but it may have more to do with installing Dropbox on my laptop instead. Everything I started up the computer I saw a Windows cmd.exe screen flash up for a second and then disappear.

The other day this came up and stayed on my screen long enough for me to capture it with my phone. Any ideas, please? Should I install a new copy of the software or uninstall the old one or perhaps it didn't complete the process.20210207_134216.jpg20210207_134237.jpg

2 Replies 2

Re: CMD.EXE screen

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey @MrHonda1948; thanks for posting on our Community!

Could you please temporarily disable any antivirus you may have on your computer and try to re-install the app using this link?

Let me know how it goes!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: CMD.EXE screen

MrHonda1948
Explorer | Level 3

The sustained DOS screen that was shown in the photo doesn't come back up now, but there is a System32 screen that pops up for just a second on reboot. There is no information and it is so fast that I can barely see the header on it, but it is System32.cmd.exe I think. 

I had a Realtex error message on shut down previously, but it looks to be resolved, so hopefully that was not coming into play. I did reinstall the Dropbox desktop installation, but am not sure what the advantate is to that, as I was using a regular Dropbox account without issues previously.

Thanks for the reply.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

MrHonda1948 Explorer | Level 3
    Walter Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?