cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTRL+Click not working on Mac - Catalina - Desktop APP

CTRL+Click not working on Mac - Catalina - Desktop APP

Progstress
New member | Level 2

2021 Dropbox CTRL+Click in app not creating link. Mac OS 10.15.07 (Catalina). I have to go to the website now to do it. This is new, been doing it successfully for years. Advice?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: CTRL+Click not working on Mac - Catalina - Desktop APP

Progstress
New member | Level 2

Yes, it's in the menu bar and work flow is active - however, the strangest thing is, it's working now.  For about a month this was not working, and now it is.  "Copy Dropbox Link" was not on the dropdown of options when I CTRL+Clicked and now it is.  I did restart my computer a few days ago - probably what it was, who knows.   Thanks for the reply.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey @Progstress; welcome to our Community!

Could you please let me know if the app is running and 'up to date' in your menu bar when trying this?

Also, can you send us a screenshot of the options you get when you right (control) click on your Dropbox files on your computer?

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Progstress
New member | Level 2

Yes, it's in the menu bar and work flow is active - however, the strangest thing is, it's working now.  For about a month this was not working, and now it is.  "Copy Dropbox Link" was not on the dropdown of options when I CTRL+Clicked and now it is.  I did restart my computer a few days ago - probably what it was, who knows.   Thanks for the reply.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Progstress New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?