cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTRL S trying to Delete my session in ableton live

CTRL S trying to Delete my session in ableton live

peterk426
Explorer | Level 3

I downloaded dropbox to save files but in return it has given me some headaches. For starter, I am on windows 10.

I am making music on ableton live 10 and when I hit CTRL S ( which is save just like anything else ), Dropbox intervenes and asks if I want to delete! What person working for dropbox thought "HEY WE SHOULD MAKE CTRL S DELETE TO PISS OFF OUR MEMBERS" I checked under preferences and cannot see where the hot keys are. If someone can tell me how to change the Dropbox DELETE from CTRL S I would appreciate it. Thank you.

2 Replies 2

Re: CTRL S trying to Delete my session in ableton live

Rich
Super User II

@peterk426 wrote:

If someone can tell me how to change the Dropbox DELETE from CTRL S I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Dropbox doesn't use CTRL-S or any other hot keys in that manner.

What's likely happening is that when Ableton Live saves a file, it first deletes the existing copy and then writes a new file. Many applications save in this manner; delete first, save new, rather than overwriting the existing copy of the file.

When the file is deleted, Dropbox is probably asking if you want to delete the file everywhere, meaning from every device you're syning with. Just say Yes and check the box to not be asked again.

Re: CTRL S trying to Delete my session in ableton live

peterk426
Explorer | Level 3

Hey Rich, thanks for the response. As far as I know, Ableton live does not delete your previous set, and will keep up to 10 previously saved files. So this is also why I am getting frustrated because dropbox is not understanding that I don't want this happening. so thats why I am also confused. And in any case, I dont want dropbox asking me at all about this, I want to say NO leave me alone dropbox, but its cancel or DELETE everywhere. When I click the box to dont show me again and hit cancel, the problem persist.

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?