cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Camera Upload Not Syncing New Photos on Iphone

Camera Upload Not Syncing New Photos on Iphone

Ashley K.3
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I have Dropbox installed on my computer, and when I plug in my phone I get the message, "No new images or videos were found on Ashley's iPhone" when in fact there are lots of new images and videos for Dropbox to add to my Camera Upload folder. All my settings are correct on my computer to take the files from my phone and add them to Dropbox, I have enough room in my Dropbox account, I can't seem to figure out why it just hasn't downloaded any new images since March.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks, Ashley

98 Replies 98

VeryDynamite
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Also Dbox discontinued Carousel. Right?

VeryDynamite
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Wow. Just follow those million easy steps. Dumb. Dropbox support: I use Dropobox camera uploads as my primary back up for photos. It has been working seamlessly for the past few YEARS then all of the sudden I'm getting this error. Please look into this matter and resolve it. We pay for this service.

AnnoyedinNC
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I've tried literally everything suggested here in this forum (which isn't much, for the record) and nothing has worked. I have loads of space left in Dropbox that I've paid for, and really need to be able to access the photos on my iPhone 6 from Dropbox on my desktop. After working consistently for years, I've been able to sync NOTHING since the middle of November.

Help!? 

VeryDynamite
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Looks like we're preaching to each other AnnoyedinNC. I wonder if D-box support looks at these forums or are we just wandering in an echo chamber. HELLO? Anybody out there?

AnnoyedinNC
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I just asked via Twitter as well, though that site cautions that the account is only monitored M-F....

tinkerx
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

This seems excessive to me and I dislike having to delete, reinstall and sync with gigbytes of data in Dropbox.

Here is what worked for me:

• Disconnect iPhone.
  • Turn off Enable camera uploads in Dropbox preferences.
  • Run the following tasks in MainMenu (if you do not have the app, you can get it here: http://mainmenuapp.com.). I am not sure which one may have fixed the issue or that you need to run them all. Nonetheless, I thought I would share all that I did pretty much in the order that I did them.
    • Clean User Cash
    • Remove Corrupt Preferences
    • Flush DNS Cache (probably not necessary).
    • Clean All Logs
    • Clean Archived Logs
    • All Maintenance
    • Clean Font Cache (weidly this fixed a lot of weird bugs in the past so I ran it).
      • This one will force a restart.
  •  Turn on Enable camera upload.
  • Connect iPhone.

This worked for me. I am not affiliated with MainMenu in any way.

Kora
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @vajda f.

Normally the photos/videos that are uploaded via Camera Uploads to Dropbox, are available, when it comes to Macs, on a subfolder inside the Dropbox folder on FINDER.

If you do not see them there, then this should need a more personalized attention and you should create a ticket.

Kora

seanmkennedy
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Dropbox on my Mac wasn't uploading 400+ new photos when I connected it to my iPhone through the USB cable, and after repeated troubleshooting, including coming to this forum, I finally just tried opening the Dropbox app on my iPhone; after exiting the folder the app was in and returning to the home screen, the photos (and a couple of videos) started uploading a couple at a time until they were all transferred. An obvious fix I stumbled into, but if you haven't tried it, give it a go.

Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

My fix to this issue was simple: go to DROPBOX APP on my iPhone and simply turn ON the “camera upload” feature again.

It was turned OFF (without me having done/changed it - must have been after some update of the dropbox app…).

brandherd
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I had the same issue. I guess after updating the db app on my iphone camera uploads was deactivated for whatever reason… turning on camera uploads in the app settings again immediately solved the problem! 

Need more support?