cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Camera Upload Not Syncing New Photos on Iphone

Camera Upload Not Syncing New Photos on Iphone

Ashley K.3
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I have Dropbox installed on my computer, and when I plug in my phone I get the message, "No new images or videos were found on Ashley's iPhone" when in fact there are lots of new images and videos for Dropbox to add to my Camera Upload folder. All my settings are correct on my computer to take the files from my phone and add them to Dropbox, I have enough room in my Dropbox account, I can't seem to figure out why it just hasn't downloaded any new images since March.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks, Ashley

98 Replies 98

Pablo A.2
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

You don't think maybe Apple is mad we're not using iCloud, and added some sneaky **bleep** into their latest iOS updates just to screw with Dropbox, do you? I know that sounds paranoid, but I wouldn't put it past the three ring circus that is post-Jobs Apple.

Either way, the Camera Uploads function has gone way downhill since they did away with Carousel. I loved that app, I have absolutely no idea why they got rid of it. 

Lisa718
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
That FINALLY worked for me! THANK YOU!!!

Pablo A.2
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

This is the only thing I've seen on this forum that actually worked. Thanks for posting!

jinger89
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Wow, that was it for me too! I definitely DID NOT turn off Camera Upload either.

Thanks for pointing that out!

Lisa718
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Maybe - Dropbox isn't working AGAIN

alperez79
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you! It worked. All I had to do was click the link to download the latest version of dropbox on my computer!

Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

This is still not working as it should for me... (even though it's set to ON again on my iPhone)

But, at least there is ONE OTHER TEMP FIX I found:

going into Dropbox DESKTOP and PREFERENCES and then IMPORT: unchecking and re-checking again “ENABLE CAMERA UPLOADS for PHOTOS & VIDEOS” (while having my iPhone connected to laptop via USB) caused stuff to sync to desktop again and import (at least in that moment…)

Hey, dropbox, please fix this, or advise what we are all missing here. Thank you in advance!

Sebbo
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I got this response from Dropbox support. Not helpful, pointing the finger at Apple. Also, no link to the ticket that they claim to have filed.

Marley, Feb 27, 11:53 AM PST:

Hi Sebbo,

Thank you for your reply. We've confirmed that this is a known issue on Apple's end and we've filed a ticket with them to help investigate this issue.

Unfortunately, we don't have an ETA for when this issue will be resolved, but as soon as we have any updates, we'll be sure to reach out to you.

Thank you again for your patience, and sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

In the meantime I'd suggest you to upload the missing pictures using the app on your phone.

Sebbo
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Yay. This worked for me too.

Zed
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hello everyone,

In order to fix Camera Uploads for your devices please make sure you have tried the following:

1) Install the latest Dropbox app on your device.

2) Enable / Reset Camera Uploads on your computer

Mac

• Click on the Dropbox icon in your menu bar at the top of the screen and then click on the gear in the Notifications panel
  • Choose "Preferences".
  • Go to the "Import" tab.
  • Uncheck and check again "Enable camera uploads for".

Windows

• Click the Dropbox icon in the system tray at the bottom right of your screen and then click on the gear in the Notifications panel.
  • Select "Preferences".
  • In the window that appears, click on "Change AutoPlay Settings".
  • In the AutoPlay settings, scroll down and choose the camera you want to change settings for. It will likely have "Import pictures and video using Dropbox" as the default.
  • Click on the drop-down menu and choose "Ask me every time" or choose a different application for importing.
  •  

This will reset your Camera Uploads settings for all your devices. When you connect a device, Dropbox will ask you if you want to import pictures from it.

Note:

• Android devices: Select Connect as a Disk Drive from the status bar
  • iOS devices: Unlock the device to allow camera uploads to continue

3) Enable / Reset Camera Uploads on your mobile device

iOS

- Open the Dropbox app, go to the “Recents” tab and tap the gear icon
- Under the Settings heading, select Camera Uploads
- You can enable or disable the automatic camera uploads feature, as well as the option to allow the feature to use cellular data or not. Please note that videos will not be automatically uploaded over cellular data.

Android

- Open the Dropbox app
- Tap on the menu button
- Tap the gear icon
- Under Camera Upload, select “Turn on Camera Upload"

You can also read more about the camera uploads feature on the following page: https://help.dropbox.com/photos-videos/camera-uploads-overview

If you experience issues with the Camera Uploads feature, so that our support team can investigate more on this, please go to www.dropbox.com/support and submit a ticket request.

Thank you!

Zed
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Need more support?