cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Camera Upload Not Syncing New Photos on Iphone

IanHowlett
New member | Level 2

Here's an alternative approach for iPhone users:

This Dropbox Camera Uploads feature has been broken for so long that I just bypass it now on my iPhone.

Instead, I use the "Image Capture" app that's built into the Mac. Connect your iPhone via USB and it shows all the photos on your phone. Then just drag the ones you want into the Dropbox Camera Uploads folder.

A bit of a pain compared to if proper Dropbox syncing was working, but it works, and it's pretty easy.

daved
Explorer | Level 4

I have done this many times and each time I connect my iphone via usb to my macbook, nothing happens. So I have to go through this everytime I plug it in.

Igor_D
Explorer | Level 4
Unfortunately, this did not help.
I use the latest version of dropbox

AmandaG
New member | Level 2

Hi there thanks for the article, which although I tried to follow it has not solved my problem. I am too busy to have to plug my iphone into my computer and I just want my camera uploads folder (photos and videos) to appear in my same account camera uploads folder on my PC. However, I keep forgetting how to get it to do this. The do appear there sometimes, but today I've made an 8 min video which I want to edit on my PC, but I can't get it. I've wasted hours and hours trying to get it off my phone onto my computer. Nothing I do will work - it's very VERY frustrating. When I tried to follow your instructions, it tells me to 'Connect a personal Dropbox' and then it won't let me connect my own dropbox to my own dropbox. I must have let it upgrade to business at some stage but then backed out when I found out how much it would cost me. Cannot afford it. Just trying to get videos.... off my phone... onto my computer. Sooooo frustrated.

Trinity C.1
Collaborator | Level 9

This happens to me occasionally with Android and I just have to reboot the phone to restore sync with camera-upload.

Fengchao Y.
Explorer | Level 4

Still not working.

NJtoTX
Helpful | Level 5

I poked around on my android and found that it had paused syncing due to "low battery." The battery was 26%, and low battery on the phone isn't even displayed until it drops to 15%.

I plugged in the charger, and it resumed. I'll bet this has happened countless times to me. It had always seemed to begin again randomly or after an overnight charge. I wonder what the threshold is for low battery? 40%???

Sanchez
Dropboxer
Hey @NJtoTX, welcome to our community! 

On your Android device, you can actually adjust the battery level threshold in the Camera Uploads settings, under When to upload. By default, this is set to 30%. 

Cheers!

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Pablo A.2
Helpful | Level 5

In case anybody is wondering, as an iPhone user this is the best solution I've found thus far. Thanks @IanHowlett!

NJtoTX
Helpful | Level 5
Ah, thank. Didn't have that option. Updated the app and now I have it. Set it to 15% (which should be the default)
Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Need more support?