cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Upload Not Syncing New Photos on Iphone

Camera Upload Not Syncing New Photos on Iphone

Ashley K.3
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I have Dropbox installed on my computer, and when I plug in my phone I get the message, "No new images or videos were found on Ashley's iPhone" when in fact there are lots of new images and videos for Dropbox to add to my Camera Upload folder. All my settings are correct on my computer to take the files from my phone and add them to Dropbox, I have enough room in my Dropbox account, I can't seem to figure out why it just hasn't downloaded any new images since March.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks, Ashley

98 Replies 98

Debra K.4
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Megan, did that work?  

Sandy T.9
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Megan's directions worked for me!

vajda f.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I have Dropbox on my Macbook, and it automatically installs the new photos and videos from my iPhone, there's no problem with it, but I have the folder Camera Upload which is created by Dropbox and it's empty after any time I import photos. Where my photos have been saved, or where can I find them?

Help would be appreciated.
Thank you, Flora

Darshaun N.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Situation:

-Iphone will not sync with my computer (computer won't import photos)

-On a MAC El Capital 10.11.5

-Dropbox sync has always worked perfectly for me, but I changed sim cards then it just would not sync. It always said something like syncing, 3 minutes remaining (I would wait 30 minutes but nothing would happen). 

I tried various suggestions but nothing would work. Finally I simply deleted the dropbox app off my iPhone, then immediately my computer was able to import all my photos. 

I hope this simple solution works for others out there!

Simon F.12
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have been having this issue for months and it's driving me crazy. Today I worked out that it seems to be only videos that have trouble uploading. Photos go up instantly for me, but videos get stuck in a huge queue and it seems the only 'resolution' is to:

1) Make sure you have a SOLID wifi connection with high upload speed (i have fibre+ so getting around 13mbps upload)

2) Restart phone/dropbox

3) When camera upload loads saying it can't find photos click a few of the tabs at the bottom and go back to the photos tab and just leave it. For me after a minute or two it starts uploading the videos (VERY SLOWLY).

I think it's the large videos that cause these issues and it just puts them all on hold until it can upload them successfully

Simon F.12
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Just further on this - it seems to upload one video and then return the annoying 'can't find photos' message. Many restarts and plugging in to power etc and it finally starts on the next one.

So I have to repeat this process 117 times - Nice one Dropbox - please can we have a fix for this?

Peter B.115
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

The same happened to me:  After deleting some videos on the iPhone 5, I wanted to check whether they remain on Dropbox. - They were not on it, plus some others that were still on my phone!  Not very nice!  

What brought remedy is to turn off camera synch and then back on.  Now, over 200 photos and movies are synching! - Uff!

What remains is a very uncomfortable feeling that this is not reliable, especially when the time comes to delete files on the iPhone to free up memory...

I wonder if some checks and balances could be implemented, e.g. Device specific upload counts in the "main" (browser) interface, which then correspond to a number displayed on the phone (would have to be limited to pictures that are still active on the phone, basically a confirmation of what dropbox is seeing on the device).  Not sure what the solution is, but it needs to be addressed, otherwise I'll look fore something else.  

Norman K.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Carousel used to be good at uploading 

Now no matter if I move location or not I have to constantly open the Dropbox app on my phone and prod it into action

i have location services enabled and background loading also set

it almost looks like background loading is not working

it was very annoying when I travelled a couple of years ago because I wanted my photos to upload overnight while we had wifi

Simon R.27
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Those are the exact symptoms I have.  

My more important question is why are Dropbox not making any comments on this subject or telling us what we are doing wrong.

krisl
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

just turn on dropbox on your phone

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

gascantx New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropbox Staff
    langshipley Collaborator | Level 9
    Arjb Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?