cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Upload Not Syncing New Photos on Iphone

Camera Upload Not Syncing New Photos on Iphone

Ashley K.3
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I have Dropbox installed on my computer, and when I plug in my phone I get the message, "No new images or videos were found on Ashley's iPhone" when in fact there are lots of new images and videos for Dropbox to add to my Camera Upload folder. All my settings are correct on my computer to take the files from my phone and add them to Dropbox, I have enough room in my Dropbox account, I can't seem to figure out why it just hasn't downloaded any new images since March.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks, Ashley

98 Replies 98

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Glad to hear that, @NJtoTX! Yeah, it’s always a good idea to keep our app updated :wink:

Cheers!  

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

NJtoTX
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I purposely don't update many apps. I read the reviews of the latest release and if they're all 1-star and "this app used to be great" and features that have been eliminated or additional permissions that access things they need to, I hold onto what I have. 

Ryan S.22
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I've tried all of the above multiple times with no luck. Photos from my iPad still upload no problem. 

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Mwallenst
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
I followed all the instructions on this page: https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-installs-integrations/Camera-Upload-Not-Syncing-New-Photos-o...

All settings are set up. Battery is full. App and iOS versions are most updated.
Since yesterday it “looking for photos” not starting to upload them one by one... I tried to restart the app, restart my phone. Nothing helped.
Can someone please help?

morande7
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
I have exactly the same issue

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey folks, sorry to see this is an issue for you!

@Mwallenst  & @morande7

Does this issue affect all photos and videos, or only some? 

Also, can you try uploading using the cellular data, or a different WiFi to see if the issue will resolve? 

Keep me posted on your results!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Mwallenst
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
I couldn’t find a way to answer @Megan to my previous post, so I’m creating a new question on this- same problem, more data:
My iPhone photos stopped syncing to Dropbox. It’s missing around ~1000 photos from last month or two, which weren’t uploaded. It usually syncs every time I open Dropbox app, but this time it got stuck with the message “looking for photos...”. It’s been like that for 4 days. I followed all your steps. Uninstalled and reinstalled Dropbox on my phone. Have the most updated version of both iOS and Dropbox. All settings are configured properly. It doesn’t work in either wifi or cellular data. The same message keeps showing up “looking for photos...” and nothing happens. The last photo that was backed up is from 9 days ago ( but still missing photos and videos from before that).

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi @Mwallenst, are you able to still manually upload files in the mobile app, just to confirm that uploading does work in the app?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Mwallenst
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
@Jay What do you mean by “manually upload” in the app? I manually upload only when I drag and drop in the computer. On my iPhone it was an automatic camera upload and now it doesn’t syc...

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for the info. There has currently been a new update on how Camera Uploads work on the back end, and iOS users may see extended wait times depending on the number of photos they currently have in their camera roll.

Please allow for some time for the images to upload, and let me know if you're still experiencing the issue with the app running in the foreground.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

gascantx New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropbox Staff
    langshipley Collaborator | Level 9
    Arjb Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?