cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Uploads delay

Camera Uploads delay

DavidG_AU
Explorer | Level 3

I have cameras uploads set up from my mobile phone, which works well, but sometimes the upload can take several hours to happen.

I have it only uploading using WiFi.  Is there a way I can force an update?

15 Replies 15

Re: Camera Uploads delay

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi David, do you have any other apps that upload your photos are the same time, or use up your internet bandwidth (for instance, another photo storage app). It’s also possible that other programs on your WiFi network, via other phones or computer, could be using the internet. 

Have you tried temporarily disabling them to see if this helps?

What is the upload speed from your ISP? Note that consumer download speeds are usually ten times the speed when compared to uploads.

Let me know what you find out!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

DavidG_AU
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Jay,

No there are no other apps touching the photos and there is plenty of WiFi bandwifth available.  It just seems that Dropbox only decides to do the sync very infrequently.

DG

Jay
Dropboxer
Could you try deleting the app, rebooting the phone, and reinstalling it again? Which device are you using?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

DavidG_AU
Explorer | Level 3

When I try to delete the app, it tells me it is a built in app.  It is V124.2.4

DG

Jay
Dropboxer
It sounds like you probably have an Android device with the app pre-installed on it.

Are you primarily uploading images, or are there videos that are also waiting to be uploaded? Did you check the upload speed with your ISP to confirm that it is fast enough?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

DavidG_AU
Explorer | Level 3

Yes it is a Samsung Galaxy S5 with DB pre installed.  I am only uploading pictures. I notice it doesn't attempt to upload videos.

The ISP doesn't com einto it as I am only uploading via WiFi.

Is V124.2.4 the latest?

Jay
Dropboxer
If you’re uploading via WiFi, then by definition it is connecting to a router, which is using an ISP to connect to the internet.

Unless you’re referring to cellular data, which would have even lower upload speed.

That is the latest Android version for the Dropbox mobile app.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

DavidG_AU
Explorer | Level 3

Ah I see what you mean - I was thinking it was going from my phone to my PC and forgetting about the bit to DropBox in the middle.  The Internet connection is not the problem.

Jay
Dropboxer
Okay, a few more questions here:
- When did this start happening?
- Does this issue affect all photos and videos, or only some? If only some, can you provide file names for a few of the affected files?
- Can you include a screenshot of the “Photos” tab in the Dropbox app? (please note: this is the "Photos" tab, not a folder called 'Photos')
- Can you ensure that camera uploads is enabled? On Android devices this can be found in the app, tap the menu button > the gear icon > under Camera uploads, select “Turn on camera uploads".
- Can you include a screenshot of the camera uploads settings in the Dropbox app? To find settings on Android, tap the menu button and then scroll to “camera uploads.” 

Thanks in advance!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropboxer
    DavidG_AU Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?