cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Camera uploads via USB not working

gdorbes
Helpful | Level 5

Regarding all the tips mentioned above, the answer is yes I tried them with no success (I only have Macs with Catalina, no former OS).

Regarding the notification "Dropbox would like to access files on a removable volume", I do not remember having seen it. When is it supposed to be displayed? How can I check if the related value is correct or not?

If it is related to the Security and Privacy preferences, see the screenshot below.

If not, any hint is welcome?

Capture d’écran 2019-12-23 à 20.15.28.png

See also below the importation settings in the desktop app

Capture d’écran 2019-12-23 à 20.35.06.png

As you can see the option is enabled but no device is configured and I do not know how to add/enable a new one (where is it explained?)

Thanks in advance for your help

ncosta
Helpful | Level 5

Hello all,

just to say that after a few messages on the Dropbox Community Support the issue was identified and quote "Dropbox engineers are aware of the problem and are working on a solution.".

Thank you all.

Jane
Dropboxer
Thank you so much for the in-depth message back @gdorbes

related to the Security and Privacy preferences
Spot-on screenshot, that’s exactly what I’ve been looking for! If I were in your shoes, I’d un-check & re-check :ballot_box_with_check: to enable Camera Uploads through Preferences as an extra step to see if this does the trick. 

Generally speaking, once you activate the option there, your photos will be automatically imported to Dropbox every time you plug a camera (or mobile device) from this point on. 

In any event, it would be best to submit your report to a higher-level technician in form of a question, as this seems to be a more complex issue. I located your support ticket on our system & I could see that my co-worker has escalated that already, so I increased your support priority to help expedite matters on my side.

Thanks for your cooperation & patience with our team in the meantime. 

Happy holidays! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Re: Cannot enable camera uploads on desktop

Abdelfattah
Explorer | Level 3

I have the same problem described here. The Removable Volumes option does not show up for dropbox. I have only an option for network Volume. I'm using macOS Catalina (10.15.2).

Please post a solution  when one is reached. 

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hey @Abdelfattah, thanks for joining us here!

Since I don't have any info to share with you on this at the moment, I'd love to have a further look into this with you if you'd like to do some troubleshooting.

Can you just let me know the following:

Let me know and we can go from there!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Abdelfattah
Explorer | Level 3

Hello @Daphne 

I'm using Dropbox v87.4.138. The "Camera Uploads" is enabled for photos and videos. Toggling that option used to work before on older macOS releases. Since upgrading to Catalina, disabling and enabling back Camera Uploads does not work. 

Kaske
Helpful | Level 6
@Abdelfattahwill do.

gdorbes
Helpful | Level 5

OK, thanks. I checked twice again and I confirm that the issue remains :slight_frown:

Daphne
Dropboxer

Thanks for checking on that @Abdelfattah!

If you'd like to have a bit of a better look into this with me, I've reached out to the email linked with your profile so that I can have a look at some device specific info.

Please just check your inbox for my email and we can take it from there.

Cheers!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Jane
Dropboxer
Thanks for the nudge here with this update @gdorbes; I hope you’ve had a wonderful holiday!

I can see that our specialized technician has replied on the open ticket earlier within the day with some extra steps that may be the solution to the issue you’ve been facing. Have you seen their latest message? 

Feel free to get back in touch there with the results should you need further advice. 

I hope this gets resolved soon!

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Need more support?