cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out how our Community members are using Dropbox here!
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera uploads via USB not working

Highlighted

Camera uploads via USB not working

Helpful | Level 5

Hello,

Suddenly my camera uploads when connecting my iphone via usb stoped working .

I already :

• disabled / enabled it again on the desktop app
  • disabled / enabled it on iphone app
  • reinstalled both desktop and mobile app

More info:

• iphone 7 with iOS 13.3 with dropbox 170.2.2
  • macbook pro (macos catalina 10.15.2) with dropbox v86.4.146

Can't remember if it only started when upgrading to iOS 13.3.

Screenshot 2019-12-16 at 22.06.46.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Cannot enable camera uploads on desktop

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi All!

I just wanted to update this thread and let you know that our dev team has released a new beta version of the desktop app which should resolve this issue. 

In case you'd like to give it a go, you can download this version of the Dropbox desktop application from the following link directly: 

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Desktop-client-builds/Beta-Build-88-3-167/td-p/385811

If this resolves the issue, you should be able to continue using this version as it will update automatically to the next available build going forward.

Let us know how it goes! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

39 Replies 39
Highlighted

Re: Camera uploads via USB not working

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @ncosta, thanks for checking in with us and great work on the troubleshooting! 

Since you've carried out most initial suggestions, could you also confirm for me if you've attempted a reboot of both devices? It just might do the trick. 

Let me know of any updates!

Lusil

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

Hi @Lusil,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, already did that too, both phone and macbook.

I just tried now with another computer (a macbook air running mojave 10.14.6 / dropbox v86.4.146) and had no problems (got the confirmation on desktop, trusted the device on iphone and all good).

Very strange.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for trying that out for me, @ncosta

I've sent you a ticket to the email address connected to your Community profile so that we can have a better look into this. 

When you have a chance, check your inbox for my latest message and we'll take it from there. 

Cheers!

Lusil

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

Exactly the same recent issues with both Mac and iMac with macos 10.15.2 and latest ios on iPhone 11 and XS.

Any tip to fix this pb would be welcome

Highlighted

Cannot enable camera uploads on desktop

Helpful | Level 6

After reinstalling Dropbox, I enabled camera uploads for Photos & Videos, but when I connect my iPhone to my Macbook Pro nothing happens (before there was a prompt asking me whether I want to use it). The same happens with my other iPhone and iPad.
I have read this on your help page:

Note: If you’re using macOS 10.15 (Catalina) or higher, you’ll see a notification that says “Dropbox would like to access files on a removable volume.”

Clicking OK will allow camera uploads to work. You can change this preference anytime:

1. Open System Preferences.
  2. Click Security and Privacy.
  3. Click the Privacy tab. 
  4. Click Files and Folders.
  5. Check or uncheck the box next to Removable Volumes under Dropbox.

But I have never been offered that, and when I go to Settings there is no “Removable Volumes” list item, only “Desktop Folder”:

What should I do to enable prompt dialogue again?

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @Kaske, I hope you're having a good start to the week!

Just as a first step, can you please try turning off the camera uploads option from the settings and saving the changes.

Then, re-enable camera uploads to see if that does the trick and shows you the prompt when connecting a device? If not, do you see the "Removable Volumes" options?

If this doesn't work, I'd suggest re-installing the desktop app on your computer. You can just re-install the app, you don't need to remove the Dropbox folder and files.

Let me know how it goes!

Daphne

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

Hi Daphne,

I did the uncheck and check of the box, and closed the window. I connected the phone, but it still doesn’t show up.

I did the Dropbox reinstall, I even did the advanced reinstall and beta versions as well, but it is the same.

As I said, "Removable Volumes" options don’t show up in Settings.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for trying those steps @Kaske!

To have a better look into this, I've reached out to your email linked with your profile here. This will allow me to have a look into some device specific info.

When you have a moment, please check your inbox and we can go from there.

Thanks!

Daphne

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @gdorbes, I'd happily advise on the best next steps!

I’m wondering if you’ve already tried anything the OP & Lusil mentioned above. If so, what was the result? You can also check the tips & hints outlined here as an extra step. 

As you’re working on a macOS 10.15 (Catalina), can you also confirm that you’ve clicked OK on  the “Dropbox would like to access files on a removable volume” Notification? 

Thanks for taking the time to have a second look; please let me know how you get on! 

Jane

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?