cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Ross uses Dropbox to answer some new house questions here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [Campus Cup] UBC gives all current students an "@alumni.ubc.ca" address

[Campus Cup] UBC gives all current students an "@alumni.ubc.ca" address

Nick R.17
New member | Level 1

Hi,

Lot of students from the University of British Columbia (UBC) cannot participate in the Campus Cup event because the UBC IT department is obviously very lazy.

UBC provides all current students with an @alumni.ubc.ca address and here is their explanation:

from (https://it.ubc.ca/services/email-messaging/student-alumni-email-service/student-and-alumni-email-faq...)

I am not yet "Alumni". Shouldn't this be different while I am a student?
Most students graduate after only a few years and a @student.ubc.ca email address becomes obsolete. We wanted to provide you with an address that would be useful to you, not only while you are at UBC, but long after you have graduated. Your @alumni.ubc.ca address represents your lifelong relationship with UBC.

Why can't I have name@ubc.ca rather than name@alumni.ubc.ca?
@ubc.ca is an email address that indicates someone is speaking with the authority of a UBC employee. It is a temporary address that exists only while employed at the university. Mail sent to @ubc.ca can be managed to different retention and destruction levels than personal email.

Can Dropbox somehow figure out how to let UBC students to participate in this event?

9 Replies 9

Lana P.1
Dropboxer

Hi Nick,

I hope you are well.

I can't promise anything but I've just transmitted your request to the Campus Cup team. They will directly reach out to you.

Have a lovely day

Austin C.1
New member | Level 1

Hi Maxine,

I am also a student at UBC. In the past, I recall there being a "Space Race" that our school successfully participated in. However, in the past I think I used my other alumni email successfully. Is it possible to somehow figure out a similar method or fashion to allow UBC students to participate in this event?

Thank you!

Teresa A.2
New member | Level 1

Hello, I also have a @alumni.ubc.ca email address with UBC.  How can I participate in Campus Cup?  Please help!

Samantha B.8
New member | Level 1

I would also like to participate in this and have an @alumni.ubc.ca - is this not something that can be resolved for all UBC students?

Melissa C.11
New member | Level 1

I am in the same boat as everyone else.  I have an @alumni.ubc.ca email.  Do you know if this issue has been resolved yet?

David Y.11
New member | Level 1

Is there any update with regards to resolving the issue?

Lana P.1
Dropboxer

Hi there,

I'll check with the team in charge of the Campus Cup.

I'll come back to you as soon as I get some information.

Cheers,

Lana P.1
Dropboxer

Hi there!

Thanks for your message. This issue should be sorted now.

You should find that you are able to successfully join Campus Cup.

Thanks for your patience while we worked to get this resolved. Please let me know if you have any additional questions!

Have a lovely day,

Christina J.2
New member | Level 1

I tried signing up for Campus cup many times and did not receive any verification emails mine is [email removed as per Community Guidelines]

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Need more support?