cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Campus Cup subdomain issues

Campus Cup subdomain issues

Jaime M.6
New member | Level 1

Hi!

According to the FAQ section of the Campus Cup, all subdomains should equally contribute towards the goals of the institution. However, in the case of my university, Comillas Pontifical University (www.comillas.edu), the student subdomain (@alu.comillas.edu) is being treated as a separate contestant. I guess the same happens with all the other existing subdomains.

It would be great if you could have a look at this and see if there is a way to fix it.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Jaime

8 Replies 8

Re: Campus Cup subdomain issues

Jaime M.6
New member | Level 1

Apparently, our previous domain @upcomillas.es, which is still operative, is also being recognized as a different institution.

Ed
Dropboxer

Hi Jaime

Thanks for the feedback. I'll pass it on internally. 

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Robin B.14
New member | Level 1

I think our school have the same issue. name@student.lnu.se

Adam T.8
New member | Level 1

The same problem with our Institute:

Main domain:  meil.pw.edu.pl .

Subdomain: aos.meil.pw.edu.pl .

Please, fix it.

Adam T.8
New member | Level 1

The same problem: main domain @meil.pw.edu.pl has been correctly recognized as Technical University of Warsaw.

Subdomain  @aos.meil.pw.edu.pl - recognized as a separate school 😞

Please, fix it.

Adam T.8
New member | Level 1
The same problem: main domain @meil.pw.edu.pl has been correctly recognized as Technical University of Warsaw.

Subdomain  @aos.meil.pw.edu.pl - recognized as a separate school 😞

Mališa S.
New member | Level 1

Hi Ed,

here at Faculty of Electrical Engineering, University of Belgrade, Serbia
we use both @student.etf.bg.ac.rs email address and shorter alias @student.etf.rs

I have read your FAQ section regarding subdomain issues
https://www.dropbox.com/help/9131#emails

But, the problem is, in our case, these domains are obviously not treated equally, since ones that have joined with etf.rs domain are in larger group and won 15GB, and others that have joined with their etf.bg.ac.rs are currently having only 3GB of extra space.

Could you please fix this by associating both domains with the same school?

Thanks. 🙂

Jaime M.6
New member | Level 1

I agree with Mališa.

Exactly the same thing is happening in our University. I was given the answer that now appears in the FAQ section (https://www.dropbox.com/help/9131#emails) through email and if you think over it for a while you can easily realize that the solution is not fair at all (apart from the fact that it is not statistically true).

Most users (students) are using the @alu.comillas.edu subdomain and as they are a much larger group they already have 15GB. The rest of the staff (@comillas.edu, @upcomillas.es and other subdomains of both of them) is almost negligible in comparison and we are just on the verge of achieving the 3GB goal (with almost no hope of reaching any further), but are still treated as a group of the same size as the students while being only around 1% of their number.

I strongly support Mališa's request. Could you please try to associate all domains from the same institution?

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jaime M.6 New member | Level 1
    Mališa S. New member | Level 1
    Adam T.8 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?