Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Can Dropbox provide ways to get .apk files for non-android devices such as Chromebooks?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2
Quite a while back I read somewhere that the only way I could get Instagram on my Chromebook was through this dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com /s/7mnbucwrvsrbze9/com.instagram.android-6.10.1-5257472-minAPI9.apk?dl=0 .
I'm wondering if that still applies and if dropbox has links like this to get other Android apps as well?
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Can Dropbox provide ways to get .apk files for non-android devices such as Chromebooks?

Super User II
Super User II

The short answer is 'probably', but the long answer is...

Thats a link to a file a user themselves has created and uploaded. If it doesnt work now then Dropbox cannot get it back for you. You'll need to find another version of it. 

Also, Dropbox themselves are not creating the APK files - users are. They are just sharing them via Dropbox so a google search may find you allsorts!

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Re: Can Dropbox provide ways to get .apk files for non-android devices such as Chromebooks?

Super User II
Super User II

The short answer is 'probably', but the long answer is...

Thats a link to a file a user themselves has created and uploaded. If it doesnt work now then Dropbox cannot get it back for you. You'll need to find another version of it. 

Also, Dropbox themselves are not creating the APK files - users are. They are just sharing them via Dropbox so a google search may find you allsorts!

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Thanks for that explation, Mark!

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?