cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Surface pro x

Highlighted

Re: Can I have the desktop app installed on my Surface Pro X?

Helpful | Level 5

Hello 

I have pre-ordered MS Surface Pro X. It will arrive next week and replace my Surface Pro 3.

I have 8 licences of Dropbox for Business for my Team. We all use MS Surface. I just tried, and the dropbox for S mode app isn't integrated with the computer at all. It will not work. It is basically read only when I download a file and it won't re upload.

So on my new computer I cannot even use dropbox effectively with MS Office integration. This is terrible. I will either have to cancel Dropbox altogether, or send computer back as we rely on cloud syncing between the team.

DROPBOX - give me confidence you will have this fixed within a month, or I will have to cancel and go to another cloud service that does integrate. (My org pays for OneDrive, but I don't like it as much as dropbox, but you are forcing me here).

Lukas

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Just another data point - also moved to a Surface Pro X and discovered dropbox is incompatible.  Guess I will have to shift to Onedrive.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

I second Jezeal's comment here. If I can't use the desktop version of Dropbox, I would have to go to another service. Need to get this sorted ASAP. There is no way Microsoft didn't give the community a heads up about this.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

Since you didn't think ahead to have a dropbox that worked on Snapdragon, how do I download my dropbox folders (more than 50 GB) so that I can get my files. I am not really expected to do 50 downloads at the 1GB limit am I?

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

I'm adding my voice to the need for Dropbox to add support for ARM. I'm a CIO at a company with ~200 very mobile employees globally and we are testing Surface Pro Xs now. We are a Office 365 shop with a lot of OneDrive space and yet we still pay for several Dropbox accounts, mostly due to end users knowing it, liking it, and finding it easier to use with partners. Frankly OneDrive is a 64bit ARM compatible solution that we can easily fully migrate to but I really don’t want to do that. I wish Microsoft would have gone with an intel chip in the Surface Pro X, but they didn't and they're Microsoft so others (like Dropbox) will have to adapt or risk losing market share. Adobe is working on adding ARM support for Creative Cloud as fast as they can, and I hope that Dropbox will do the same.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6
What I don't understand from Dropbox?
I m a Dropbox user for years, and all my companies are now using it.
Years ago, Dropbox was really innovative, always there first.
But on the last 3 years, they are just trying to copy ideas coming from other app. Nothing new from Dropbox.
And now mobility is coming with 5G. And Dropbox is not ready, is not proposing news concept.
How they can miss the move of a big company like Microsoft? How is possible not to be ready for mobility the year of 5G is arriving?
I really don't understand. They really have to wake up. Or in few years they will disappear...
Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Likewise for me.  I love Dropbox & pay for the premium plan, but since I bought the Surface Pro X, I have to migrate all my files to OneDrive & cancel Dropbox.  Really wish Dropbox would have addressed this.  

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Another LONG time (so many year) DropBox Premium user, just got the PRO X and want to use like I do on all my other machines.. and S mode doesn't do what I need.

Please get on the ARM support DropBox, you will loose many loyal customers.

Thank you,

Rich

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

I've used dropbox over a decade. I'll be swapping to one drive if this isnt fixed really quickly.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

so i just found this thread today.... the post is a month old and they haven't addressed it yet? They just blame microsoft..... time to migrate my files.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?