cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I install the desktop app and choose which folders to sync beforehand?

Can I install the desktop app and choose which folders to sync beforehand?

herediav
Explorer | Level 3

Is there a way to install dropbox and prevent it from syncyng all the files at once? In other words, can I select which folders to sync beforehand? Or, can I install dropbox and not sync any files until I do it? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Installation

Rich
Super User II

@herediav wrote:

Is there a way to install dropbox and prevent it from syncyng all the files at once? In other words, can I select which folders to sync beforehand? Or, can I install dropbox and not sync any files until I do it? 

Yes. During the installation there's an option to choose which files to sync using Selective Sync, or you can choose to start all files as Online-only using Smart Sync.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rich
Super User II

@herediav wrote:

Yes. During the installation there's an option to choose which files to sync using Selective Sync, or you can choose to start all files as Online-only using Smart Sync.

View solution in original post

herediav
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks a lot Rich. 

WR112212
New member | Level 2

I have successfully selectively synced a limited number of folders on install.  Now I want to add another folder of items to sync.  Where do I do this?  I can only access the folder currently online.

Walter
Dropboxer

If you're referring to the selective sync settings, you can find those in the app's preferences.

Let me know if this helped @WR112212!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?