cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I opt out from the new Home Page Display?

Can I opt out from the new Home Page Display?

Luc C.1
Helpful | Level 6

There's a new Home page display to see the lastest files.

This page is loading by default on dropbox.com

For us this page is useless. So how can we change the default loading page to «Files»?

Regards,

19 Replies 19

Re: Home Page Display

Jane
Dropboxer
Hey Luc C.1

Thanks for writing in on the Dropbox Community about the new design of the Dropbox website! 

As per your request, just keep in mind that opting out of the new Dropbox website is not currently an option, though our engineering team would like to gather as much feedback on the new design as they can. 

I will make sure that your comments are passed along, please feel free to let me know if there’s anything else you need help with! 

Warm regards, 
Jane

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Gabriel P.
Helpful | Level 5
I shoot photography, and some of the shoots are nude models. Having dropbox open to recent infuriates me. Especially since there is no way of changing the default home page. I logged in the other day at work to pull down some files and walked away. Who knows who saw the images. This should definitely be an option to change.

Jane
Dropboxer

Hey @Gabriel P.

Welcome to the Dropbox Community, I understand your concern. 

Positive or negative, your opinion is extremely valuable as we are always looking for ways to improve. Despite the fact that this isn't currently an option, I can make sure that our development team is made aware of your comments.

Thanks for your contribution, please let us know if there's anything else we could help you with!

Warm regards,
JaneA

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

111csn
Explorer | Level 4

Absolutely hate this new home page display.... I can't just login and access the files I want to anymore... have to click on something else instead of logging in and starting from where I need to be.  Its a ridiculous and annoying change.  Please let the engineering team know about our unhappiness with it.  Thank you.

tashie
New member | Level 2

Ditto this -- I loathe the new 'Home' page, I have a large number of folders in DB and it's a huge productivity hit to have to navigate over and over from Home into Files.  Dropbox, this NEEDS to be a preference that can be set.

Ed
Dropboxer
Hey all

I passed your feedback on to our team behind the new 'Home' page. I'll make sure to follow up with updates.

If you have more examples of things you dislike about it (and if there's anything that you felt has improved/works better now), please add it in here.

Thanks!

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

rkieru
New member | Level 2

The new home page seems completely contrary to the primary function of Dropbox: file storage and access.

A list of recently changed files isn't something I need to be made aware of immediately - when I visit the Dropbox website I'm looking to access my files; not know that IMG_0695.jpg was uploaded (or deleted, or changed, etc, etc) 2 hours ago.  Two hours or 20 days ago is, for the most part, meaningless.

The 'Star' feature might be useful if we could access that UI feature across the rest of the site (ie. 'Star' an item outside of the list of recently modified items).  At least then we could more accurately and purposefully curate the Home page to showcase frequently-accessed files or folders.

As it stands now the Home page only serves to act as a blockade; I now have to make an additional click every time I'm trying to get to meaningful content.

ian_eng
Dropboxer

Hi Gabriel,

My name is Ian, I'm an engineer at Dropbox. Thank you for sharing your feedback on this recent change.

I wanted to let you know that there's an option to hide the Recents section.  On the right side of the header that says "Recents" there's a "hide" link. Clicking that link will hide the recents section, and it will stay hidden the next time you log in.  I've attached a screenshot highlighting this link.

Hope that helps a littleScreenshot 2017-09-07 08.37.57.png

rkieru
New member | Level 2

I appreciate your taking the time to point that feature out - let me attach a screenshot of what my Dropbox Home Page looks like.

This is my point.  This is useless.  

Screen Shot 2017-09-07 at 11.51.23 AM.png

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?