cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I save multiple photos from Dropbox to the camera roll on my iPhone?

Can I save multiple photos from Dropbox to the camera roll on my iPhone?

ajthen
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Is there a way to save multiple images to my camera roll all at one time on my iphone. I am using drop box a lot but have to click on every image and view it individually before I can save it to my camera roll.  This is incredibly time consuming. Is there any way using the app or website to just click the folder and move it to my camera roll?

43 Replies 43

jt5
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
The craziest part is that this feature to upload multiple photos from the camera scroll was ALWAYS available - until the app updates we were forced to used!! Which is extremely inconvenient for the users and is probably a bad move - since uploading from Camera Roll 1-1000 photos in an instant is much faster and easier to use than any other app option, PLUS the user will automatically use more space with this feature!! Why remove something everyone repeatedly for years has used for the app, that also reduces the amount of storage of the photos, useless other applications of competition like MS or iPhone apps forced this horrible idea... all I’m pointing out is that if we the users are constantly asking FOR THE FEATURE TO BE BROUGHT - BACK - INTO usage - AND your clearly losing money based on LESS usage being filled - shouldn’t this be a priority to have...

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@jt5 wrote:
The craziest part is that this feature to upload multiple photos from the camera scroll was ALWAYS available

First, this thread refers to exporting multiple files to the Camera Roll; not uploading files from it. Please start a new thread to discuss uploading issues if you're having them.

Second, you can still upload multiple files to Dropbox from your Camera Roll (and I'm assuming you're on iOS) by saving them to the Files app. As long as you've added Dropbox as a Location within Files, you'll be able to select it when saving files to the Files app. It's as easy as selecting your photos, chosing Save to Files, and selecting Dropbox as the location.

jt5
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thanks for the update, but its the same issue whether importing or exporting...  On the ios (for example) this feature no longer exist and there is no true way to add a "File" app location to the phone.  I have both brand new ios and andriod, and the only option now available is creating a folder > adding files to folder > and exporting them one-by-one, which is annoying and time consuming.  This was not the case in the previous versions, now when users like us want to add "mutiple photos we only have the options that can be seen in the photos attached...  The first photo shows ONLY one picture being selcted to be added to Dropbox using my ios.  The moment I select another photo - all of Dropbox options disappear and we are left with other applications, most people cringe at using...  This WAS NOT the an issue, nor a missing feature, no a problem before the app updates - when do you think the company will decided to bring this back???... making users life easier while increasing their own revenue...

One Photo SelectedOne Photo SelectedMultiple Photos SelectedMultiple Photos Selected

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@jt5 wrote:

... and there is no true way to add a "File" app location to the phone.

"Files" is an Apple app in and of itself (part of iOS 11) that allows you to connect to other cloud storage systems all in a single app. You can add your Dropbox account to it (along with other cloud service accounts) and access them all in a single application along with files that are stored on your phone from other applications.

If you select Save to Files you can easily select multiple photos from your Camera Roll and upload them to Dropbox.

Four photos selected; choose Save to FilesFour photos selected; choose Save to FilesOnce in Files, select your Dropbox accountOnce in Files, select your Dropbox account

jt5
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Yup!! Figured out this work around earlier today, and the update with confirming pictures is appreciated.  Since most people HATE having to use icloud to store photos (due to their short storage amount and high fees); the previous version was much more successful, where Dropbox wasn't blocked from mutiple uploads from the inital Camera roll / uplodaing process... Since I have many many many folders and files in my Dropbox, this new way is very time consuming and overall annoying; hopefully we can get the faster feature back... Thanks again for the update!!!

Bunny1234
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Try to download from drop box to your phone or computer into anything other than Dropbox multiples of pictures. See if you find it just add easy.

Bunny1234
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
It seems my post was deleted, the point is if you try to move multiple pictures out of drop box you can't.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
It was caught by the spam filters for some reason. I released it.

Bunny1234
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Thank you

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey Bunny1234, thanks for posting on the Dropbox Forum! 

Let me follow-up on your previous comment, as you’ve mentioned that you’re experiencing an issue downloading your pictures to your phone. 

There are currently a couple of different ways to download your files depending on the device you’re using, hence in case you’d need further assistance on the matter, you may include all the specifics regarding your inability to do so & I’ll make sure to send over the relevant steps to manage your Dropbox files. 

Alternatively, in case you’d merely like to share your thoughts on the exporting options, I’d happily make a note of your comments & continue the discussion on a new thread, since this is an older conversation. 

Please keep me updated on how you’d like us to proceed here & I’ll do my best to check back with you. Thanks again for getting in touch & I’m looking forward to hearing back from you! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jane Dropbox Staff
    Bunny1234 Explorer | Level 4
    walid_tawfik Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?