cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I schedule a sync job to run at a specific time of the day when using the desktop app?

Can I schedule a sync job to run at a specific time of the day when using the desktop app?

New member | Level 2

Dear Dropbox,

I have a house in a rural area where ADSL does not work. I have an Internet satellite connection with limited maximum data use per month. There is however an unlimited period from 1:00 AM to 5:00 AM in my local time (France).

Is there a way that I can limit my Dropbox syncing to this time period so that I don’t run out of data use during the month?

Yours,

sailor3575

1 Reply 1

Re: time of day snyc

Super User II

Dropbox has no such feature, but you can use the task scheduler built into your operating system to start and stop the Dropbox application as needed. You can search Google for the specifics on how to start and stop an application like that. Just know that this is not a supported way to use Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?