cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I search for a word in documents?

Can I search for a word in documents?

EZAVALLI
Helpful | Level 6

I am trying to find a file that I do not remember its file name and search by a word that I know for sure exists in the document but instead of searching through the documents it searches the file names. It is vey difficult when I need to find a file that I do not remember the file name not to be able to find it. I am phasing this only on my mobile's Dropbox. It wasn't like that before. Please help!

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Re: SEARCH A WORD IN DOCUMENTS

Mark
Super User II
Have a look at https://www.dropbox.com/help/files-folders/search#full-text and note that its only available to some plans (i.e. paid ones)

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

Mark
Super User II
As per the help article Plus does not have this feature.

You need to be on Professional or higher for it.

A list of comparisons is available here - https://www.dropbox.com/plans?trigger=nr

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Re: Can I search for a word in documents?

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey @EZAVALLI - glad we were finally able to resolve this by clearing your mobile's cache. Leaving the exact steps (for Android users) here for future reference: 

To clear your Cache memory on Android OS: 

- Tap the menu icon in the upper-left corner of the screen
- Select "Settings"
- Select “Clear Cache”.

Hope this is helpful! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

17 Replies 17

Mark
Super User II
Have a look at https://www.dropbox.com/help/files-folders/search#full-text and note that its only available to some plans (i.e. paid ones)

EZAVALLI
Helpful | Level 6

Thank you for your reply but unfortunately it doesn't work

Walter
Dropboxer

So that means you're not on a plan that has this feature available @EZAVALLI

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

EZAVALLI
Helpful | Level 6

I am on the Business Plan and I had this option before, I don't know why I don't have it anymore.

EZAVALLI
Helpful | Level 6

It says Dropbox Plus, is it the same with Business?

Mark
Super User II
As per the help article Plus does not have this feature.

You need to be on Professional or higher for it.

A list of comparisons is available here - https://www.dropbox.com/plans?trigger=nr

EZAVALLI
Helpful | Level 6

Noted and thank you for all your help!

EZAVALLI
Helpful | Level 6

Hi again, I have upgraded to Dropbox Professional and still doesn't find the specific file. Do I need to change anything in settings?

Walter
Dropboxer

If you're sure you have it in your Dropbox account, you should be able to find it @EZAVALLI!

I know this might sound a bit off, but have you restarted your computer after upgrading to our Professional plan? I guess clearing your browser's cache wouldn't hurt too :wink:

Give these suggestions a go and if this persists I'll reach out to you via email to work on this together. 

Keep me posted!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropboxer
    EZAVALLI Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?