cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I see Dropbox subfolders in the "save as" dropdown in Office programs (excel, word)?

Can I see Dropbox subfolders in the "save as" dropdown in Office programs (excel, word)?

Larry B.8
New member | Level 1

Each time I save a file to dropbox for the first time I have to save to the main folder and then open dropbox and drag the file to the correct subfolder. iS there a was to get the dropbox subfolders to display? Thanks

6 Replies 6

Re: Can I see Dropbox subfolders in the "save as" dropdown in Office programs (excel, word)?

Ed
Dropboxer

Hey there!

Sorry for the late response - are you still having issues?

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Re: Can I see Dropbox subfolders in the "save as" dropdown in Office programs (excel, word)?

David D.35
New member | Level 1

I don't know if Larry B is still having that issue, but I am. How can we get the sub-folders to display, i.e. expand the folder?

Debra A.5
New member | Level 1

Help...what is the answer to the above question.  My entire business is based in Dropbox.  Perhaps I will have to change to another platform???? 

David B.213
New member | Level 1

This is a hugely frustrating issue. If this past much longer, I will have to switch to another provider. Whole business is based upon saving to Dropbox subfolders.

David Bray

Re: Can I see Dropbox subfolders in the "save as" dropdown in Office programs (excel, word

Lisa D.16
New member | Level 2

I have the same problem. What is the answer?

Re: Can I see Dropbox subfolders in the "save as" dropdown in Office programs (excel, word

Rich
Super User II

The Dropbox folder on your computer is just a folder like any other. There's nothing special about it and any application should be able to access it. If the subfolders within it are not displaying in the Office apps, then that's something that you'd need to ask Microsoft.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Ask a Question section here.]

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

David B.213 New member | Level 1
    Debra A.5 New member | Level 1
    David D.35 New member | Level 1
    Ed Dropboxer
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?