cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I sync Dropbox with a Network Drive?

Can I sync Dropbox with a Network Drive?

Bootlegge
New member | Level 2

Good day,

We have a small office set-up with three users. 

We're all connected to a main shared drive through our router. 

We recently set up a drop box account as we had our shared drive fail (luckily we could recover most info) and wanted a cloud solution for extra safety. 

Is it possible to keep working in this fashion and have the main drive sync with dropbox or do we each have to connect to and sync from our individual work stations. 

Two of the computers dont have enough disk space to store all the work files. 

Any help appreciated. 

1 Reply 1

Re: Sync Network Drive

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey @Bootlegge, welcome to the Dropbox Community!

If you're trying to setup Dropbox with network file systems, please note that we don't recommend it as they're not compatible and they don’t send messages when files change. You can find more info about this here

If you want to have the files sync and be available locally, you can install the desktop app on the devices you need and have a look into LAN sync

I understand that this may not be the ideal reply you were looking for, but let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?