cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Previous versions of DropBox for IPAD 2 running IOS 9.3.5

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

that is such a load of [profanity removed by moderation]! could someone please explain to me why we meed to keep upgrading a tablet that works perfectly. So basically my IPAD becomes redundant. such a load of [profanity removed by moderation]. i'm begining to hate apple and their developers

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @marcmaurel, I understand that this may not be ideal to you, though I’d like to invite you to stay as constructive as possible, since this is a public Forum & we advise against profane language use. Thanks in advance!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Dropbox support for iOS 9.3.5

Explorer | Level 3

App on iPad 2 running iOS 9.3.5 says it is outdated and must be updated.  No updates available.  What does this mean for me using Dropbox in the future?

Highlighted

Re: Dropbox support for iOS 9.3.5

Super User II
Super User II

It means you need to install a newer version of iOS if you can, or, you need to access via http://m.dropbox.com

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for replying - as I said there are no updates available.  What I need to know is will I still be able to use Dropbox on my iPad 2 which cannot be iOS updated from 9.3.5 using my current app version 96.2.4.  If the answer is no - what happens next?

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

You wont be able to use the software - it will stop working/connecting. 

So, I suggest trying the website to see how that works for you. 

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Thanks - as I feared but website will suffice.....

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hello,

It's obviously no longer possible to download an older version of the app which is compatible with IOS 9.3.5, running on iPad 2. So, I just have lost all my documents, Thank you Dropbox! I'm excited! Do Dropbox think I should spent some hundreds of euros to get back my documents? I meanwhile hate Dropbox for it.

Some days ago the AppStore lets me update Dropbox to the version 134.2 (?) without any warnings. Today, when I was using the app,  I've got a red warning that the version isn't actual and using it could be resulting mistakes. Therefore I was following the advices above, deleted the app in the hope that reloading gives me the possibility to reload a previous version, as above promised. But: Nothing!

I've now got lost my complete data!

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

The restart and try to download DEFINITELY doiesn;t work - can I have an alt solution - I use dropbox every day on my ipad and i need it to work without getting a new ipad

Highlighted

I'm working on an iOS 9 device that I can't update anymore. Can I still use Dropbox?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hello, i'm on a 4S which is upgraded to the max. So i can't update anymore. Please stop sending me:
"The version of the Dropbox mobile app running on one or more of your devices is outdated. Unfortunately, these versions are no longer officially supported by Dropbox and will stop working properly. Any device using the outdated app will be signed out of your Dropbox account."

I do not agree with this, i'm a paying customer and i need the app in everyday life.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?