cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use the same email/password from my old account to login on a new PC?

Can I use the same email/password from my old account to login on a new PC?

Bobthesailor
New member | Level 2

I already have a Dropbox account on my other PC - do I need to instal the app on the new one, or can I just tap into the account I have?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dropbox on new PC

Nate_C
Super User

It sounds like maybe the password was changed on your account but your Keychain didn't get updated. You can change your password on the Dropbox website. If you are already logged in, you can change it at https://www.dropbox.com/account/security. Otherwise, you can go to the Dropbox website, click "Log in" and then "Forgot your password?".

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Nate_C
Super User

Hello Bob,

You should install the Dropbox app on your new PC and log in using the same Dropbox account credentials that you used on the old computer. Then the files in your Dropbox account will sync to this new computer.

Bobthesailor
New member | Level 2
I tried that, but it rejected my username and/or password - which I have checked in Keychain - still ok on the old mac.

Nate_C
Super User

It sounds like maybe the password was changed on your account but your Keychain didn't get updated. You can change your password on the Dropbox website. If you are already logged in, you can change it at https://www.dropbox.com/account/security. Otherwise, you can go to the Dropbox website, click "Log in" and then "Forgot your password?".

Bobthesailor
New member | Level 2
Thanks, Nate. I will try that.
Bob - all at sea!

Bobthesailor
New member | Level 2
Nate, it worked. thanks.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Bobthesailor New member | Level 2