cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not install on freshly installed Windows 7 Home

Can not install on freshly installed Windows 7 Home

sanjayssk
Helpful | Level 6

I installed a fresh Windows 7 Home on my laptop. The latest downloaded installer refuses to run. As soon as I run it, the first dialog is "The publisher can not be verified." If I still continue and click on Run, the standard Windows prompt comes with Dropbox Inc as publisher asking "Do you want this program to make changes to registry?" After clicking Yes, nothing happens and there is no installer running. I'm stuck. How do I install? At least give me an older version.

Please help,

Sanjay

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can not install on freshly installed Windows 7 Home

sanjayssk
Helpful | Level 6

Solved. Found some offline installer in a stable release from another thread that worked.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

sanjayssk
Helpful | Level 6

Solved. Found some offline installer in a stable release from another thread that worked.

cleff
New member | Level 2

Same here. Can you kindly give a link for that

sanjayssk
Helpful | Level 6

I didn't save the link. But going by the version on my PC, the installed one is 118.4.360. So please search by that to see if you can find an offline installer for that version from Dropbox. The problem is, there are many fake websites giving downloads so use it only if it is on a dropbox official web site. Or, wait till someone from Dropbox gives the link for old versions here.

Hannah
Dropboxer

Hey @sanjayssk, happy to see that you resolved your issue by installing Dropbox from our offline installer. 

@cleff, if you want to try the above, you can find the offline installer for the Dropbox application here.

Keep in mind though, that the application will always try to update itself.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropboxer
    sanjayssk Helpful | Level 6
    cleff New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?