cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can Drag Files to Dropbox Folder in Catalina

Can't Drag Files to Dropbox Folder in Catalina

Ted G.
Collaborator | Level 8

Hello,

In catalina I am no longer able to drag files in finder into the dropbox folder.  The selected object just sort of springs back into place and will not enter the Dropbox folder.

191 Replies 191

exxtreem
Helpful | Level 6

same here. only Dropbox folder in sidebar is affected. I tried removing and re-adding to sidebar but no change.

MartinNovotny
New member | Level 2

Same problem on my side - crappy Catalina... 2 workarounds - Command+C followed by Command+V and then deleting files in the original destination or right-click the file and pick "move to Dropbox" - surprisingly this works. There was a pop-up about Dropbox rights right after the first restart of my Mac after Catalina upgrade, but I missed it and cannot find any longer...

grnt
New member | Level 2

I have a similar issue: while I can use drag+drop to Dropbox folders in the Catalina Favorites Sidebar, I can only do so with "regular" folders. It stopped working for applications ("Apps") folders such as the one created by "Send to Dropbox". To be clear, I can drag+drop to all Dropbox folders in the sidebar except to those created by apps linked to my Dropbox. Workarounds such as cmd+c/v work, but it's still very annoying. Please fix this soon!

Sparrow1
Helpful | Level 6

I can drag to any other folder in the sidebar. Just Dropbox folders in sidebar don't work.

If I drag and hover over the Dropbox folder incon in the sidebar for a sec, then it opens the folder in a new column (in column view). Then I can drop the files into that open folder. But then of course I have to navigate back to the original location if I want to drag more items.

I can also drag onto Dropbox folders in a Finder window. i.e. If I navigate to the root Dropbox folder in Finder, then drag a file from another Finder window onto the icon of a folder in the root Dropbox folder column, that still works. Just not in the sidebar.

BrantInPaloAlto
Helpful | Level 6

Same here. I found that I can right click on the files and select "move to dropbox" as a workaround for now but it's frustrating to not have the usual drag and drop functionality. And it's only dropbox for me - Google Drive is fine for example. And only since Catalina upgrade.

Dragon1234
New member | Level 2

Since Drop box uploaded this new interface it is impossible for drag and drop. Moderator you did not answer the previous persons problem.

I cannot drag and drop my files into folders also. There is no set up screen to change this. 

please let me know the answer to this issue. 

mlokterp
New member | Level 2

I had the same issue. I found this solution worked for me. 

1. Hit Command+Option+Escape to bring up the “Force Quit” menu.

2. Choose “Finder” from the list and click on ‘Relaunch’ to quit and re-open the Finder app.

I got the suggestions from this website

I followed this link http://osxdaily.com/2015/09/07/drag-and-drop-not-working-mac-os-x-troubleshooting/

Ted G.
Collaborator | Level 8
This didn't work.

BrantInPaloAlto
Helpful | Level 6

Tried that and it did not fix it for me (either - as others have indicated).

Need more support?