cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can Drag Files to Dropbox Folder in Catalina

Can't Drag Files to Dropbox Folder in Catalina

Ted G.
Collaborator | Level 8

Hello,

In catalina I am no longer able to drag files in finder into the dropbox folder.  The selected object just sort of springs back into place and will not enter the Dropbox folder.

191 Replies 191

BrantInPaloAlto
Helpful | Level 6

Not working for me as of 10:00 am PT on 10/24/19.  I checked and I'm current on O/S updates.

Sparrow1
Helpful | Level 6

Yes. Extension is installed and running. Logo appears in sidebar. Problem persists.

BrantInPaloAlto
Helpful | Level 6

Oh and it's only drag and drop to the favorites bar. If I open a new tab for dropbox I can drag/drop to that tab.

jbaltd
Helpful | Level 5

Hi Jane,

all your requirements are met ... still can NOT drag files into the Dropbox :((((

Very puzzling and majorly frustrating.

Please help us.

THANK YOU,

joseph 

Bryan4
Explorer | Level 4

.Just to add that I have this problem too, but not just with the top-level Dropbox folder - I'm also getting it with one (and just one) subfolder. I thought maybe it was because it's a shared folder, but other top level shares, and folders nested within the problem folder, aren't affected.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
I appreciate your efforts & ongoing cooperation; you’ve all been very insightful! 

I’ve now created individual tickets for all of you that posted us since yesterday separating your reports & I’d like to work with you individually moving forward. If you have some spare time, please check your inbox & we’ll continue troubleshooting that from where we’ve left off here. 

(Note: I accidentally created a ticket for you as well @dragdropper; feel free to ignore it, as this has been sorted in this case.)

Enjoy your Friday until we talk again! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

BrantInPaloAlto
Helpful | Level 6

I've given you a lot of time already by helping define the problem clearly. You have several people with the same issue so it's clearly not some one off thing. Ball is in dropbox's court now to fix it. If you'd like me to check at any point if things are working after you make fixes I'm glad to do that though but please don't engage with me directly beyond that.

exxtreem
Helpful | Level 6

agreed. behavior has been cleary defined—no drag/drop into the dropbox icon in macos 10.15.x Finder sidebar. I'm now on 10.15.1 beta 2 and the bahavior occurs on the three machines I currently have running macos 10.15.x.

opening a seperate window works, dragging into any other folder placed in side bar works: only dropbox in sidenbar does not work.

exxtreem
Helpful | Level 6

nope. tried relaucnhing the Finder in initial troubleshooting.

but thx.

dragdropper
Helpful | Level 5

Whatever was fixed became unfixed and now I need help dragging from desktop or anywhere to Dropbox.

Need more support?