cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can Drag Files to Dropbox Folder in Catalina

Can't Drag Files to Dropbox Folder in Catalina

Ted G.
Collaborator | Level 8

Hello,

In catalina I am no longer able to drag files in finder into the dropbox folder.  The selected object just sort of springs back into place and will not enter the Dropbox folder.

191 Replies 191

Jan L.10
Helpful | Level 5

I am having this problem too.  All apple sidebar dragging works, Only dropbox not working,  What is the fix??????

Jan L.10
Helpful | Level 5

Please do this for me too. It is a total buzz kill that this feature has stopped working for me. I use this feature constantly and it is definitely causing me a problem and creating a lot of extra work.  This feature must be fixed ASAP!!!!!!

Jan L.10
Helpful | Level 5

Don, Thanks for sharing,  copied and pasted this into terminal, but I get an error message:  

command not found: python

Any ideas for me?  Jan

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
It's strange such important tool gets miss. You can download and install it from here: https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-381/ 😉 Follow the instructions there.

jeffbass
Explorer | Level 4

I am having the same issue, just started 1/6/2020.

Fiona
Dropbox Staff

Thank you for posting in this discussion @jeffbass

I see you chatted with us today about this. Great that you reached out for help, just when the issue started. Please take the steps suggested by the agent assisting you and be in touch with us. I added notes to your case and raised the priority. 

We would be happy to know the issue is resolved for you. 

Thank you! 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

jeffbass
Explorer | Level 4
Hi,
I was using a beta version and downgraded to the suggested version. The issue is still occurring and is not resolved.

jlb9999
New member | Level 2

that worked for me, thanks. easy fix.

tailormadewords
New member | Level 2

Hi Fiona, I am also having this problem. Is there a fix?

Fiona
Dropbox Staff

Hello @tailormadewords

Please let me know if you have tried any of the offered steps in this discussion. 

If you have I would like to know all you've tried, before I give you the next steps via email. 

I already emailed you by the way. I used the address associated with your Community profile. 

Thank you for the additional information and your patience.

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Need more support?