cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't See Dropbox in File Explorer

Can't See Dropbox in File Explorer

hookem
Explorer | Level 3

I installed Dropbox on a Windows 10 PC and can access my account via a browser but can't see it in the File Explorer.  What do I need to do to be able to have my Dropbox account with the associated folders/files listed on File Explorer?

14 Replies 14

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for letting me know about this @mbrendandyer.

It sounds like your device is not enabled to use our desktop application; could you let me know what kind of a computer this is? Is it running an ARM processor by any chance? 

If that's the case, you can use the Dropbox for Windows 10 in S mode app which is similar to our mobile one. 

I've been discussing this with other users in the thread I'll cross link below if you'd like to partake there as well. Here it is: 

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Installs-integrations/Can-I-have-the-desktop-app-installed-on-my-Sur...

In any case, keep me posted on your progress! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

mbrendandyer
Explorer | Level 3

Walter, I bought a brand new Lenovo 2 in 1 with a i7 processor and Windows 10. From the beginning, the micro store kept giving me the Dropbox S version. I tired using your links and the behavior is exactly the same for each app. There has to be a way to manually add the link isn't there?

mbrendandyer
Explorer | Level 3

This isn't an ARM issue as I have x64-based PC

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the updates @mbrendandyer.

Can you check if your Windows device allows for downloads/installs of apps outside the Microsoft Store? 

You can check if that's the case and change the setting according to your needs from your device's Settings>Apps & Features. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

lillebyl
New member | Level 2

Thanks for this - been fighting for ages but saw what you said about Microsoft store only doing the "light" version.  Followed your link and have finally got the dropbox proper App and the link in my Windows Explorer.  Thanks!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

lillebyl New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropbox Staff
    mbrendandyer Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?