cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Uninstall Dropbox from my PC

Can't Uninstall Dropbox from my PC

rob0429
New member | Level 2

I was having issues with synching so I thought id uninstall and reinstall dropbox on my PC windows 10.  When I go through the process to uninstall, the uninstall goes to about 60% and that all.  How do I complete the install and resinstall?

1 Reply 1

Re: Can't Uninstall Dropbox from my PC

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hello @rob0429, thanks for checking in with us. 

Are you following these steps to uninstall the desktop app?

If you are, it could be that there's a third party app (like a security/antivirus software) hindering the uninstallation, so you can temporarily close them and try again. 

Just remember though that if you're on a Basic account, you'll have to make sure that you have less than three devices already connected so that you can reinstall the desktop app on your computer and sign in successfully.

Give it a shot and let me know how it goes, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?