cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access desktop app

Can't access desktop app

dfaraci
Explorer | Level 3

How do I get the desktop app for my computer? I have downloaded dropbox several times and the app is never an option for me. My wife and friends have it on their computers and I can't figure out how to get it on mine. I have a 2019 MacBook Pro running OS 10.15.4 and I have dropbox v95.4.441.

When I go to dropbox preferences I don't have an "Open files in" option. When I click the "Try the new Dropbox desktop app" link it takes me to the internet where I can download dropbox again. After downloading I still don't have the option. I've installed dropbox and reinstalled without success. How do I get the desktop app on my comp?

Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 12.56.44 PM.png

2 Replies 2

Re: Can't access desktop app

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hi @dfaraci, I hope you’re well today!

Just as a first step, can you please just open the link from the “Try the new Dropbox desktop app” option, and then try uninstalling the app and reinstalling from that link?

Let me know how it goes!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Can't access desktop app

dfaraci
Explorer | Level 3

Hi @Daphne,

Thank you for your suggestion! I tried what you described and I still cannot access the desktop app. Do you have any other suggestions?

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?