cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access dropbox.com

Can't access dropbox.com

rsantagata
Explorer | Level 3

Hello everyone.

I'm experiencing a weird issue: I cannot access dropbox.com from my pc. It's not the antivirus (i also added an exception). Same for the firewall. It's not my network, i tried to connect from work, from another modem or using the smartphone as a hotspot. It works well for me from other devices. I can ping to it and traceroute. The problem is from my personal laptop. Any idea? When trying to acess the website, it says that the connection is not secure. I'm on a win10 device. Other than this I don't have any problem. Navigation is perfect.

19 Replies 19

Re: Can't access dropbox.com

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hi @rsantagata, I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this!

Would you mind sending me a screenshot of the error that you're getting? The visual is always helpful.

Also, do you get the same error if you use an incognito browsing window? How about another browser altogether?

Let me know and we can go from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

rsantagata
Explorer | Level 3

@Daphne Thank you for the reply. The issue sussisted on different browsers and also in incognito mode. However, I managed to solve it yesterday night. I noticed a weird ip when trying to ping the website, and discovered it was a problem in a host file. Don't have any idea on how it occurred though.

Thank you anyway!

Abriza
Explorer | Level 3
How did you solve it? I have the exact same problem.

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey there @Abriza; thanks for joining the discussion here and sorry to hear you're having issues with accessing our website. 

Can you please let me know if you're getting any different results after clearing your browser's cache or another browser

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

rsantagata
Explorer | Level 3

At first I did not notice that when trying to ping or to traceroute the site, I'd get a 127.0.0.1 IP. Once noticed that, I went to the host file (C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts) and modified it.

Abriza
Explorer | Level 3
What did you change it to?

Abriza
Explorer | Level 3
Trying all the things you suggest. No result.

Abriza
Explorer | Level 3
@Walter Tried everything you mentioned.

Walter
Dropboxer
Sorry to hear this persists @Abriza

Could you send us a screenshot of the exact error you get and clarify your device's OS along with your browser's version?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?