cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out how our Community members are using Dropbox here!
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access files in Dropbox iOS apps

Highlighted

Can't access files in Dropbox iOS apps

Helpful | Level 5
I can't access the content in Dropbox apps via third party apps. It shows me "content unavailable" & "the content could not be displayed coz of unknown error"

I have tried re-install the app but the problem appears few days later.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Can't access files in Dropbox iOS apps

Helpful | Level 5

SOLUTION:

Reinstalling the application fixed the issue for me

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10
Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

You need to ensure the third party apps can read the files - its not guaranteed they can. If you still then get errors with that you need to contact the app developers for assistance. 

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5
No this happen after I have updated the Dropbox apps. It was fine before update. My iOS version is 13.6.1 and Dropbox version is 202.2.2
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @ken17; how are you today?

I was wondering if this is affecting all third party apps or some specific ones so if you could clarify this bit, I'd appreciate it.

Also, do you see those apps in your account's Connected Apps tab? 

Let us know what you find! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

I'm seeing this as well. The problem is with the native Files integration, not any 3rd party apps. Something broke in the update a week ago and now I can't open my Dropbox files within the Files app. I see "Content Unavailable" when I click the Dropbox folder under Files' Locations list. 3rd party apps are syncing fine as expected, and I can access files via the Dropbox app itself. 

iOS 13.6.1 

Dropbox 202.3.2 (the version previous to this was also broken)

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

Same here, even worse. I lost "Dropbox" in the list of locations in the native Files app after last updates. However, not sure when it happened - could by Dropbox update, but could also be iOS 13.6.1 update. Hope it'll be fixed soon.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

Interestingly, Dropbox works just fine in a 3rd party "File Browser", so looks like native app issue in iOS...

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

Yeah I lost that as well, but re-enabled it by opening Files, opening the Files settings, and then clicking Edit. There I found the Dropbox location was disabled (hidden in the Files app) and was able to enable it. That didn't fix the core access issue of course, but it at least made Dropbox a location in the Files app once again.

When I first installed Dropbox I didn't have to do any of this. Also, I was using all of this fine on 13.6.1 before the recent Dropbox updates, I don't think it's an iOS issue.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

SOLUTION:

Reinstalling the application fixed the issue for me

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4
I have the same problem but reinstalling the Dropbox app did not fix it. All of the apps that could previously access my Dropbox lost access and aren‘t showing Dropbox as a storage location anymore. This renders Dropbox completely unusable.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?