cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t access latest files after switching to a new computer

Can’t access latest files after switching to a new computer

Schwartzjnr
New member | Level 2

How do I access/ update Dropbox to see my latest files? When I got a new computer and signed into Dropbox it is not showing any of files that were added for the last several months before I switched computers. Please advise how I can recover the missing documents.
Thsnks

1 Reply 1

Re: Can’t access latest files after switching to a new computer

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @Schwartzjnr; welcome to our Community!

I'm sorry to hear about your missing files after switching computers. Let's have a look now. 

To begin with, can you see any sign of those files when you log into your account on the website? Can you try searching for them and let me know the results? 

If you can't locate them, please take a look at your account's events page as this is the place where all adds, edits and deletes are normally logged. 

If you still can't find them, perhaps you were uploading them on a different account associated with another email address of yours?

In any case, let me know what you find and we'll take it from there! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?