cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access system tray preferences menu Windows 10

Can't access system tray preferences menu Windows 10

RunBear
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I am running DropBox desktop v 61.4.95 on Windows 10. If I left or right click the system tray Dropbox icon, I don't get any menu pop up. This means I have no way of accessing my preferences, including Sync settings.

It works fine on a different Windows 10 PC that I have and it used to work on this PC but I don't know exactly when it stopped working.

31 Replies 31

daintria
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

i have no star in the corner when I right click in the tray.

i can see a gear box and a star if I actually open the app.  no where on any othese though is the option to make a "place"

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for clarifying matters for me @daintria; let me follow-up a bit closer! 

So, when you click on the Dropbox icon on your system tray, there should be a pop-up window with your Recents & Notifications. 

On the top-right hand side that’s next to the Search Bar, please navigate on the three dots next to your profile picture→ Choose Preferences" & this should automatically land you on the General tab on the preferences menu. → There, you should be able to check the box next to Show Dropbox as a save location in Microsoft Office.

If you don’t see any of the fields above or the process halts after a certain point, could you include a screenshot of your view in your next message for me if possible (omitting personal info)? 

Thanks again for staying in touch; I look forward to hearing back from you! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

michaelytt
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I have lost track of who is helping whom. I do not have an issues with DropBox currently. Everything is working well. Thanks.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Oh, that’s great to hear & thanks for offering your assistance here @michaelytt:slight_smile:

As I’m also following the discussion, I was trying to help @daintria, since it looks like they were facing an issue when trying to carry out the instructions in the relevant help center article I had included in my previous post. 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

daintria
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi Jane,

i dont haave a place with three dots on that page and now it wont let me upload the picture of the screen to send you

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
So, if you’ve already grabbed this screenshot I asked you previously @daintria, could you upload it on this thread using either of the options below? 

Spoiler
Attach image.png
If you’re facing any issues with that or you’re getting any error messages along the way, please let me know in your next message!

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

1.png

4.png

3.png

daintria
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi Jane,

mine looks nothing like Mikes, i think mine is "S" mode, does that matter?

daintria
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

my try to upload the screen gives me  Error code: Upload Failed in a big maroon box

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@daintria wrote:

i think mine is "S" mode, does that matter?

Yes, it matters. The options listed above are part of the Dropbox desktop app, and do not exist in the S mode app, which is bascially the same as a mobile version of Dropbox.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Daphne Dropbox Staff
    SandySD New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
    daintria Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?