cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access system tray preferences menu Windows 10

Can't access system tray preferences menu Windows 10

RunBear
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I am running DropBox desktop v 61.4.95 on Windows 10. If I left or right click the system tray Dropbox icon, I don't get any menu pop up. This means I have no way of accessing my preferences, including Sync settings.

It works fine on a different Windows 10 PC that I have and it used to work on this PC but I don't know exactly when it stopped working.

31 Replies 31

SandySD
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Jane,

I am having the same issue. It used to work fine, but a few weeks, maybe a few months ago either left or right clicking the icon in the tray does nothing. I reinstalled and updated with no luck. 

The CRTL click trick works fine and is a work around, but not the way it is supposed to be. Been using Dropbox for years with no problem and works fine on my Windows 10 laptop on the same account. A screen shot won't help as there is nothing there to screen shot, which is what the issue is. The icon works fine as far as synch indicator. 

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @SandySD,

Could you please let me know the version of the desktop app that you have installed on the device having this issues? If it's showing xx.3.xxx then you're currently on a beta version of the app and I'd recommend firstly to downgrade to the latest stable version to see if that does the trick.

You'll need to turn off the option "Early releases" at the bottom of your account settings page here, then redownload and install the latest stable version.

Let me know what you find - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Daphne Dropbox Staff
    SandySD New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
    daintria Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?