cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't attach files to emails in iOS

Can't attach files to emails in iOS

Stephjaz
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi,

I cannot seem to attach a file from my Dropbox into my email using gmail. 

When I click on the attachment icon it does not give me the the file source of Dropbox, Just my ipad and Cloud are my choices. 

I am using an iPad and do a lot of  emailing from it. 

38 Replies 38

LaneD
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have the new iPad Pro and experienced the same problem mentioned above.  I solved as follows:

In mail, create new message, click attachment, in the “Browse Locations” window that pops up to the left, in the top right corner, click edit.  Dropbox shows as an option to select in the Browse Location  folder.  It was turned off.  When I selected “on”, my Dropbox folders loaded and became available to attach to my email.  

Albert0319
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Where in this response is the solution?  It's just questions but this submission is linked as the solution.  I'm having the exact same issue.  Can't upload dropbox files to send in an email from my iphone, all it does is create a dropbox link when in reality I want the file sent over not a link.

Thaïs
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Como visualizar um arquivo com extensão DBK vindo por e-mail??

MrKJ
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution
Hello, I am using the default iOS mail app and I do have the Dropbox mobile app installed. I can only attach Dropbox files when mailing from my iPad mini 4, but Dropbox files are not given as an option when using my iPhone X. All with full updates. I don’t know how to fix this.

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey there @MrKJ, sorry for the tardy reply here!

If you are still having this issue, can you please go to your Files app on your iPhone X and navigate to the top level where you see “Locations”. From this page, please tap “Edit” in the top right of the screen and ensure that your Dropbox account is enabled as a location.

Let me know how it goes - Cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

MrKJ
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution
Hi, Daphne,

Thank you. That was exactly what was needed. Much appreciated.

Regards, Kent

MrKJ
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution
I didn’t see a “accept as solution“ button, but it did solve the problem, for anybody else who is looking.

Cheers, Kent

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
I’m glad that solved the issue for you @MrKJ!

Since the thread already has an accepted solution we don’t see that option anymore. But not to worry, your update for us here is more than enough and much appreciated. :grin:

Hope you have a great weekend - Cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

MrKJ
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution
You as well, Daphne.

Thanks again.

Cheers, Kent

Grizzly1
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

My issue is slightly different. I’m using an iPad prod and the nagive email client.

If I’ve ever attached a file from Dropbox it cant be re-used, i.e. attached to another email 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jburns Helpful | Level 5
    Daphne Dropbox Staff
    rwraysmith New member | Level 2
    Grizzly1 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?