cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect anymore

Can't connect anymore

Lionel535
Explorer | Level 3

DB was working fine for me until recently.

I got a new cellphone and had to unlik one of my computers to be able to link the cellphone to my DB account (which can support only 3 devices). 

Unfortunately I made a mistake and unliked the wrong computer (the one I use most).

I tried to reconnect with this later, but it is now impossible. When I click on " connect", a window pops up, with this message "a problem has occured, retry or contact our assistance center". 

I tried everything, I updated my navigator, I reinstalled DP on my computer, but nothing works.

I can link 3 devices whith my account, and use only 2 for now, my computer is supposed to be the third. 

What can I do to use DB again ? 

Thank you, 

Lionel

7 Replies 7

Re: Can't connect anymore

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hey @Lionel535, welcome to our Community!

Can you check how many devices you have currently linked to your Dropbox account from the Security tab in your account settings? Are they less than 3?

Let me know what you find!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Lionel535
Explorer | Level 3
Hello,

Thank you for your answer. As I told you, I checked and only 2 devices are linked to my account.

Hannah
Dropboxer
Thanks for confirming this with me, @Lionel535.

Can you please send me a screenshot of the error message you're getting, so I can look into this even further?

Thanks!

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Lionel535
Explorer | Level 3

error message.jpg

Hannah
Dropboxer
Thanks for the screenshot, Lionel.

Would you mind if I reached out to you via email, so we can look at this more closely?

Let me know!

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Lionel535
Explorer | Level 3
Yes, no problem !

Hannah
Dropboxer
Perfect, I just reached out to you, Lionel. Make sure to check your emails and talk soon!

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropboxer
    Lionel535 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?