cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect app to dropbox on one of three devices - other twi have connected?

Can't connect app to dropbox on one of three devices - other twi have connected?

steve25
New member | Level 2

I use dropbox with Diaro to synd three versions of the app.

Diaro is installed on an android phone, an android tablet I use a web version on desktop. 

Phone, web app both connect and sync. 

I updated and re-installed tablet app.  I also changed my Dropbox password.

When I try to connect the tablet app to Dropbox I get a this message "Sign-In Failed  Unknown error, please contact Dropbox support", and I get an email from DropBox saying they noticed a new sign in from my tablet and ask if it actually  is me, which I reply 'yes' to,  and they respond I am good to go.  But I am unable to login and sync the tablet app.

I have tried contacting 'support' but that has been a big waste of time, they sent me to this forum.

Does anyon have any idea how I can fix this?

Thank you.

2 Replies 2

Re: Can't connect app to dropbox on one of three devices - other twi have connected?

Rich
Super User II

@steve25 wrote:

When I try to connect the tablet app to Dropbox I get a this message "Sign-In Failed  Unknown error, please contact Dropbox support"

This is happening within the Diaro app, correct? If so, you'll need to reach out to the support group for Diaro.

While Dropbox provides the API that allows you to access your Dropbox account from within their app, they're the only ones that can support it. Dropbox cannot provide support for a third-party app.

Re: Can't connect app to dropbox on one of three devices - other twi have connected?

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey @steve25, thanks for checking in with us and sorry to hear that you're having trouble signing in to your account via the mobile app. 

In this case, due to account-specific info that'll be needed to have a better look into this for you, I'd recommend submitting a Help Request with this link via an incognito window (without being signed in). 

Let me know if you have any trouble along the way, let me know. Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?