cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how Community ideas impact Dropbox development? Check it out here

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to dropbox on certain browsers

Can't connect to dropbox on certain browsers

yaaarkz
Explorer | Level 3

I'm getting ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED errors whenever I tried to access a dropbox link on both Chrome and Edge, but not Firefox for some reason. I've tried deleting the caches for both browsers, yet the problem persists. Any theories on what might be going on?

4 Replies 4

Re: Can't connect to dropbox on certain browsers

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi there @yaaarkz; thanks for joining our Community and happy Friday! 

Could you please let me know if this persists on an incognito window without any plugin or extension running? 

You can also try updating your browsers to the latest versions to see if this improves matters. 

Keep me posted anyhow!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

yaaarkz
Explorer | Level 3

Incognito in both Chrome and Edge don't work either, and I've updated them both.

I'm wondering if this might be an issue with my firewall settings since earlier in the day before I tried accessing dropbox.com, I had to temporarily disable my firewall for something else. I didn't do anything custom when I re-enabled it, but that's all I can recall as far as what might have led to dropbox.com being inaccessible. I'm not sure how to check if dropbox is blocked or not, could you take me through the right actions? I only have the default Windows 10 security firewall, no other external antivirus programs installed. 

Walter
Dropboxer

I'm no sure if that's what you're looking for, but this resource might be of help in this case @yaaarkz

Let me know what you find!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

yaaarkz
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Walter,

Unfortunately I'm not sure what to do with that resource, as it appears to deal specifically with the desktop app, rather than through any browsers. I'm unable to find out how to whitelist specific URLs through windows firewall.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

yaaarkz Explorer | Level 3
    Walter Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?