cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't create new folders when saving docs on iOS 14

Can't create new folders when saving docs on iOS 14

nabilkassam
New member | Level 2

On my iPhone, I used to be able to "Save to Dropbox" and create new folders and subfolders during the process. Now (I think after the update to iOS 14), I can only save to existing folders and cannot create new folders or subfolders. I also can't use the alphabet fast scroll option on the right of the screen to quickly navigate to folders I'm looking to find. Can anyone help - especially with the issue of creating new folders and subfolders during the process of saving email attachments and other files?

8 Replies 8

Re: Can't create new folders when saving docs on iOS 14

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hi there @nabilkassam, thanks for reaching out to us here!

At the moment, there isn't an option to create a new folder while using the "Save to Dropbox" option with this iOS version.

I can suggest a workaround, which is to choose to save to the Files app instead, which will allow you to navigate to the correct Dropbox folder and create a new folder in the process too.

The new folder can be created with the folder icon with a "+" symbol in the top right corner, while choosing the save location.

We do have a request for this to be added to the saving workflow too, in our dedicated area of the Community here. You can add your vote there too to show your Support.

Sorry that I can't be of much more help with this, but I hope the workaround will help out.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

mamin1986
Explorer | Level 4
There use to be a Save To Dropbox that allowed us to create folders in the process. iOS 14 broke this option. It is still there and I was hoping that it was a glitch that Dropbox would fix with an update. How do I know that it is still there? Well I know. Work around that makes it appear but it’s a pain to keep doing it each time for each file! This is how you do it and I hope Dropbox sees this post so that they know that option that was available in iOS 13 is STILL there and they just need to fix the glitch! Select a PDF file from your email. Next click the share button. Then go all the way to the right and click on more (with the three dots). Next click Edit on the too right corner. Next toggle the button next to “Dropbox” on and off. Next click done on the top left corner. Next click more again. Then the option to save to Dropbox that was available in iOS 13 and that disappeared in iOS 14 miraculously appears!!! Now to can save to Dropbox and create a folder. However, you need to repeat this stupid process for every file you want to save!!! C’Mon Dropbox. Please fix this GLITCH! Thank you. Please let me know if you need any more information.

Daphne
Dropboxer
Thanks for posting this @mamin1986!

I wasn't able to replicate this myself, would you mind sending a short screen recording to show this? 

Please let me know exactly which version of the OS you have at the moment too.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

mamin1986
Explorer | Level 4
https://share.icloud.com/photp9ARJh8gwwQQ
I’m running iOS 14.4 with latest version of Dropbox. This has been the case since iOS 14!!! The option to save to Dropbox that was available in iOS 13 is still available. Dropbox team please fix this glitch. No reason for us to go through this exercise every time we want to create a folder while saving. Please let me know.

Daphne
Dropboxer
I wasn't able to open the link I'm afraid @mamin1986, as I'm just getting an error message, would you mind sending me a shared link for this via Dropbox?

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

mamin1986
Explorer | Level 4

mamin1986
Explorer | Level 4
@Daphne did you get a chance to watch my video and replicate it on your end?? Please let me know if this is a glitch with the app that will be getting fixed with a future update or what the issue is. I really would like for this to be fixed as it is really ruining my Dropbox/iOS experience and impacting my workflow. Thank you.

Daphne
Dropboxer
Apologies for the delay in getting back to you here while I looked into this @mamin1986!

I'd like to have a closer look with you through our Support channel if you'd like to, so I've sent you a brief message to the email linked with your profile here.

When you have the time, please check your inbox and we can go from there - thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?