cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't export multiple files toIpad

Highlighted

Can't export multiple files toIpad

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I just got an iPad and want to put multiple files into it. When I try to export things, I can only do it one at a time, even if I click on the three dots and have multiple files picked. With documents, I can save multiple files at a time to a folder in Pages, but I can't do the same thing with pdfs in iBooks. What am I doing wrong?

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Re: Can't export multiple files toIpad

Super User II
Super User II

You can't export multiple files to Books. You need to do it one at a time.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Darn. This seems like a flaw that Dropbox should fix. Oh well; thanks for letting me know.

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

@Faolyn wrote:

This seems like a flaw that Dropbox should fix.

I don't think this is a Dropbox issue as I'm able to export multiple files to other apps, and I'm also not able to export multiuple files to Books from other storage apps, like OneDrive, etc. Seems like it's more likely to be a limitation of Books.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

That is completely ridiculous that Dropbox can't do that. OF COURSE you can always share several items, try sharing several pictures with somebody for exmple.

I'm talking about Android, there you can't neither, which is very silly. This is super annoying and still unsolved, I don't want to share a link, I want to share the pictures directly with a person and I can't do that with Dropbox. Fix it already!

I have to use other tools and can't use Dropbox for some functions because it is too dumb to do that.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

I just checked: Google Drive has this functionality, on Android: You can take 10 photos directly out of Drive and share them with for example Whatsapp. So there is NO technical limitation like claimed, Dropbox just can't do it, simple as that.

This griefance has been there for years and as  paying customer, I'm getting impatient.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?