cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install Dropbox after Ver 3.4.6

Can't install Dropbox after Ver 3.4.6

W. Ben
New member | Level 1

I haven't tried delete KB2992611, delete registry files, it still can't install dropbox ver later than 3.46 (it directly stop after launch, task manager shows it already auto ended)

ver 3.46 force me to update version after sync would stop, what can i do?

9 Replies 9

Re: Can't install Dropbox after Ver 3.4.6

W. Ben
New member | Level 1

i have tried almost every version, the lastest version i can install is Dropbox 3.5.50

start from Dropbox 3.5.53 with new installer, i can't install, so what is the problem with new installer?

W. Ben
New member | Level 1

hi, can any body help me please?

Jozef H.
New member | Level 1

Same problem... cant instal desktop app, and I hate to use web access

W. Ben
New member | Level 1

14days left, can anyone help?

Thilo S.
New member | Level 1

Same Problem. Win 7 Home Premium and Professional... Problem Starts with 3.5.53, new Installer. Autoupdate stopped on different machines in variable Versions. After trying to fix by manual install nothing happens. Deinstall makes  Dropbox completley unusable due to the fact it can only be installed in Version 3.5.50 which then doesn't connect to Server. Even when a higher Version was installed before. But that worked and gave only a warning to upgrade... In the moment: ignore!

Ben2
New member | Level 1

?????

W. Ben
New member | Level 1

I found the reason, I installed RAMDrive [ QSoft ] Enterprise (x64) and set TMP files to the ram disk, after I change the TMP back to C Drive, dropbox newer installer can launch, please kindly check out about this issue, thanks

Zequn L.
New member | Level 1

Same issues, can anyone help?

Acq B.
New member | Level 1

Same here. I've managed to update Dropbox only after changing %temp% & %tmp% to c:\temp

Using ImDisk Virtual Disk driver

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Acq B. New member | Level 1
    Zequn L. New member | Level 1
    W. Ben New member | Level 1
    Ben2 New member | Level 1
    Thilo S. New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?