cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install password manager

Can't install password manager

daand
Helpful | Level 5

Hi All,

I'm trying to install the password Manager, but it gives a fault...

App installation failed with error message: Appinstaller operation failed with error code 0x801900CE. Detail: Unknown error (0x801900ce)

I have 2TB plan.

Screenshot 2020-08-20 10.50.42.png

35 Replies 35

New Password App installer failure

Nix-X
Explorer | Level 4

So, I recently got a notification about the new Dropbox Password App. But when I try to download and run the installer, it fails every single time. Here is a screenshot of the error -

dropbxerr.png

I also tried manual download by clicking the "download the installer" link, but it also throws the same error.

How do I fix this?

Re: New Password App installer failure

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey there @Nix-X, thanks for checking in with us. 

I had a quick look on the web and it seems like 0x801900ce is a Windows error. 

For this reason, could you look up this error message on the web and contact Windows, as they may have more relevant info? 

Keep me posted!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Can't install password manager

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @daand; thanks for posting on our Community!

I'm not really sure what the issue is here as the Windows error you get is usually due to virus infections, improper communication between the computer and automatic update service, internet disconnection, improper maintenance of the computer, misconfigured system files, incorrect registry files, improper Firewall settings, missing of .NET Framework, conflicts among the installed applications, etc.

That said, can you please check your computer's OS for any pending updates, apply them and try installing the Dropbox Passwords app anew after rebooting your computer? 

Keep me posted! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

sonicshake
Helpful | Level 5

I found this community post because I have precisely the same error when attempting to install the app. This is on a (nearly) new PC that is fully updated.

banausic
New member | Level 2

Same message here.  

Windows 10, updated regularly.

BamBam018
New member | Level 2

Same issue here...all updated.

DH84
New member | Level 2

I just tried to install the password manager and received the same error. Windows 10

BamBam018
New member | Level 2
Hi all...manually go into your windows updater and make double sure it’s updated. I thought mine was, and it wasn’t. After running ALL of the updates, it installed fine.

Alenion
New member | Level 2

Still giving me this:
App installation failed with error message: Appinstaller operation failed with error code 0x801900CE. Detail: Unknown error (0x801900ce)

can anyone help?

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

josepiccardo New member | Level 2
    kooldawg Helpful | Level 5
    daand Helpful | Level 5
    lboucinh New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?