cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Get summer ready with Dropbox basic - travel documents, plans, progress reminders and more, right over here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't log onto my account from someone else's android tablet

Can't log onto my account from someone else's android tablet

GlynDavies
Helpful | Level 5

I can acces my Dropbox account from my windows PC and laptop and my android phone.

I tried to access it from my wife's Android Tablet, via Chrome, by keying in dropbox.com in the address bar and clicking on "sign in to your account". I entered my email address and my password, both correctly. I clicked the correct boxes in the CAPTCHA (both sets of images). Nothing seemed to happen, I remained on the login screen - no error messages. Eventually clicked on "Sign In" button - "Invalid email or password" error.

Any suggestions welcome!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can't log onto my account from someone else's android tablet

Karina
Dropboxer

Just jumping in here to check on the matter!

• Has any progress been made with you being able to sign in with your wife’s Android tablet?

• Did you use private browsing mode with Chrome? If she’s got any other browsers installed, try signing in from them to see if that works. 

• In general, are you able to sign into your Dropbox on any other platform or device you have access to, and is the Tablet the only device you’re experiencing issues with?

From the moment you’re 100% sure that the login credentials are accurate, there shouldn’t be such a sign-in issue, unless the CAPTCHA entered was inaccurate, or your connection isn’t strong enough. 

Let us know once you have an update. Thanks!

Karina
Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

behzod
Super User

Hi,

You should be able to login to Dropbox from any browser and computer without any restrictions. There might be number of reasons why you were not be able to login from your wife's phone.

1) The login/password that you used might be indeed incorrect.

2) Captcha might be solved incorrectly.

3) internet/connection problems.

Try sign in using private mode of Chrome or different browser.

Hope it helps,

Behzod

Karina
Dropboxer

Just jumping in here to check on the matter!

• Has any progress been made with you being able to sign in with your wife’s Android tablet?

• Did you use private browsing mode with Chrome? If she’s got any other browsers installed, try signing in from them to see if that works. 

• In general, are you able to sign into your Dropbox on any other platform or device you have access to, and is the Tablet the only device you’re experiencing issues with?

From the moment you’re 100% sure that the login credentials are accurate, there shouldn’t be such a sign-in issue, unless the CAPTCHA entered was inaccurate, or your connection isn’t strong enough. 

Let us know once you have an update. Thanks!

Karina
Moderator @ Dropbox

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

GlynDavies
Helpful | Level 5

Yes! I've just logged in a few minutes ago, using Chrome in private browsing mode. Hurrah.

To answer your other questions, Karina:

I have always been able to sign in on my Windows laptop with no problem, using Chrome in non-private mode and with also with Vivaldi and Firefox. Edge works, too. Never had any problems there. Also I can sign in on my Android phone, using Chrome - also in non-private mode.

The connection is strong and stable.

Interestingly, tonight when I logged in using private mode there was no CAPTCHA.

So that's solved to my satisfaction.

Thank you for your help, it's greatly appreciated.

GlynDavies
Helpful | Level 5

Yes, I've been able to log in via Chrome in Private mode. 

I find that a bit odd, but I'm grateful for your suggestion - thanks!

Karina
Dropboxer
Thanks so much for your update @GlynDavies!

Perfect, it’s great news to hear that you’ve been able to successfully sign into your account through the device, and thanks for filling me in on the details relating to the other questions asked.

As long as Private mode works for you and potentially any other browsers, then it looks like everything’s sorted. 

If you have any issues similar to this again, or anything else Dropbox-related you’d like to share, please don’t hesitate to post again!

smiling face with smiling eyes 

Karina
Moderator @ Dropbox

Poll
Which Dropbox Plan do you have?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Karina Dropboxer
    GlynDavies Helpful | Level 5
    behzod Super User
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?